PS3 Secondary Audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have run the audio optimizer for UP and Toy Story 3 and have noticed a problem with the 6.1 or 7.1 test. It is identical to what I read below.

I use a PS3. So in the PS3's menus is there somewhere something about secondary audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfix View Post

Has anyone noticed that when doing the 7.1 audio calibration test the Surround Left and Surround Back left output simultaneously? same goes for the right side.
When the narrator says surround right it comes out of both SR/SBR. I did an audio test with my elite receiver and the speakers are fine so its a bug in the audio I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfix View Post

i figured it out. the bd secondary audio has to be set to off in the panasonic setup menu. man this is confusing following the manuals instructions.
sorry for making you think there was a disc problem, now i can really enjoy this amazing disc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 31
For closure....

I figured out what was causing the problem.

My receiver has a setting for "Surround back decoding mode [SB DEC]". I had it set for SB Auto, figuring it should know how to decode the sound to the back speakers better than me. I was wrong. The correct setting was/is SB OFF.

The manual is confusing on this setting. How shocking!

"By decoding the surround back signal of DVD software (etc.) recorded in Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS-ES, Matrix, DTS-ES, Discrete 6.1, etc., format, you can enjoy the surround sound intended by the filmmakers. Select the surround back decoding mode using "SB DEC" on the SUR menu.

SB OFF - Surround back decoding is not performed.

SB AUTO - When the input stream contains the 6.1 channel decode flag, the appropriate decoding is performed on the surround back signal."

Thanks to any and all of you that read my posting and tried thinking of how to help me.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBR11 View Post

Thanks to any and all of you that read my posting and tried thinking of how to help me.

There were three of us, but I don't own a PS3. Glad you got it figured out.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page