Need help! Electronic buzz in speakers. Grounding problem in TV and PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, I just moved into my first home, and along with all the other problems I've encountered with the place, when I finally hooked up my home theater there was a buzzing coming from my speakers.

I'm using a Dynaudio Contour 3.3's running of a Krell KAV-500 Amp with a Denon receiver and a Pioneer Kuro. Everything is running through a Panamax voltage regulator.

I know this is some sort of grounding problem but after a lot of testing I've narrowed it down to the TV power AND HDMI cable and the PS3 power and HDMI.

When both units are unplugged the buzz is gone. If both cables are plugged into either device the buzzing comes back. The problem persists whether the components are plugged into the Panamax or not. The way the cables are stretched does not seem to matter but I'm not entirely certain. Switching out HDMI cables didn't help.

Keep in mind that nothing has changed in my setup since the move. The location is the only thing that's changed.

What is the best way to go about fixing this? New power cables? Cables without grounding wires? Or something like this? Ferrite-Core-Cord-Noise-Suppressor/dp/B0002MQGE0

I'd appreciate any help I can get. As you might imagine it's extremely frustrating.

Thanks,

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
bump
post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
If you have cable or satelite disconnect incoming signal coax from back of box (the cable coming in from outside) if hum is gone its the earth ground and they will fix it free.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-15-2011, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Yeah, don't go out spending money to try to fix the problem. Just unplug any coax from cable or satellite and see if the buzzing stops then. If so then you have a ground problem. Call your provider and have them come and fix it. I believe its illegal for them to leave a house wired and ungrounded. Presents all kinds of potential problems past the annoying buzz.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page