Any alternate product just like SONOS? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 04-13-2016, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfigh View Post
I just receivd an e-mail from Denon Heos regarding the new version-

"• New HS2 Models: HEOS1, HEOS3, HEOS5, HEOS7, HEOS Amp and HEOS Link
* The 4 speaker models will be available in both Black and White • High Resolution Audio Playback - 192kHz/24bit (multiple formats supported such as FLAC, WAV, ALAC)
* Watch for additional formats coming soon. • Built-in support for Bluetooth (Customers will no longer need the optional dongle) • Wireless AC spec for better wifi range (This is in addition to our current support for A,B,G and N) • A higher clock speed with 4x the memory of the current line. • Wireless surround technology (to be used with future products). • Plus more...
Thats sweet! Any news on when they will allow for incorporation of rear surrounds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 04-18-2016, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I have several HEOS speakers, 1, 5, 7, and Home Cinema. I highly recommend them.

Kinda grumbly that they are upgrading the units. No sign yet that I will benefit from that in any way.

I think they are a lot better than the equivalent Sonos product as far as sound quality. The app is also very good, having vastly improved over early versions.

The biggest hiccup continues to be the lack of an ability to use HEOS speakers as rear surround speakers during movies. SONOS has the advantage in this one area.

You can also find them on sale often, making it a good bargain over the competition. I would high recommend HEOS, especially the 7, it's better than anything Sonos makes. Also the HEOS Home Cinema produces a very high quality sound.
post #63 of 65 Old 05-01-2016, 09:17 PM
MoG

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any idea when Denon will update the HEOS Drive with high resolution audio support?

snagabag.com - just a click away

post #64 of 65 Old 06-10-2016, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurphy21 View Post
Thats sweet! Any news on when they will allow for incorporation of rear surrounds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfigh View Post
I just receivd an e-mail from Denon Heos regarding the new version-

"• New HS2 Models: HEOS1, HEOS3, HEOS5, HEOS7, HEOS Amp and HEOS Link
* The 4 speaker models will be available in both Black and White • High Resolution Audio Playback - 192kHz/24bit (multiple formats supported such as FLAC, WAV, ALAC)
* Watch for additional formats coming soon. • Built-in support for Bluetooth (Customers will no longer need the optional dongle) • Wireless AC spec for better wifi range (This is in addition to our current support for A,B,G and N) • A higher clock speed with 4x the memory of the current line. • Wireless surround technology (to be used with future products). • Plus more...
Any idea on availability of a 4 speaker Heos Amp? I am in the situation right now where I have two outdoor car speakers connected (think boat style) and need to add 2 more. I don't want to buy another amp if I do not need to, although used may be an option.
post #65 of 65 Old 06-16-2016, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I didn't see PlayFi mentioned. It came out before Denon HEOS. I believe Phorus developed it, and DTS bought it, maybe wrong on that history.

I won't regurgitate all the benefits, easier to read up on it at play-fi.com.

This is essentially an open system that leverages your existing WiFi, vs. the proprietary nature of Sonos. I love freedom...

Lossless audio capability. Connect and control with your iOS or Android device or PC.

You can buy Playfi enabled speakers to plug and play, or you can buy a playfi amp, or a playfi connector to plug into your amp/receiver and listen with your existing setup.
Definitive, Polk, Wren and Phorus make some or all of these options.

Multiple streaming audio options, as well as playing from your music library.

I have tried the little polk speaker, then upgraded to the Definitive W7, and W9. Very decent for what they are, plug and play single speaker, with the option to setup two in stereo. In the future I will add a playfi connector/pre device to connect to my main system. Whole house sounds, can pick and choose what zones/rooms to play from the app.

The app works well, but I think it's not the best designed in general. I have read some negative commentary on the app vs. Sonos. Nice thing is, you can have equipment from any of the people making playfi enabled devices, and any playfi app will control them all. I use the definitive flavored app.

What I like about playfi is the openness of it. With vendor specific stuff, like Sonos, HEOS, and now Yamaha MusicCast, you're vendor locked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page