Wireless headphone conundrum - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-13-2011, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife has a hearing problem but I do not. I purchased some wireless headphones for her so that she could control the additional volume for her listening. Here's the problem:

I have a satellite receiver, a Roku, and a DVD player hooked up thru an AV receiver/amplifier so that all my audio is digital and is selected and controlled thru the AV rcvr/amp.

The headphones have a controller that has red/white RCA jacks which allow me to hook up one of my three inputs to the wireless controller at a time. However, if I want to change the input source (e.g., satellite receiver to Roku or Dvd player) I have to go into the back and physically change the wiring.

Hooking the wireless controller to the headphone jack on the AV rcvr/amp won't work because that Mutes the sound for all the attached speakers which means my wife can hear thru the headphones but I have no audio thru the speakers.

What I would like is a AV rcvr/amp that has a audio out (RCA red and white) which outputs whatever is selected from the attached components thru that audio out connection without muting everything else.

Does anyone have a suggestion or an alternative solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-14-2011, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Never mind -- I found a solution.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-20-2011, 06:49 PM

I'm interested in your solution. I have the same situation, except I'm the one with the hearing problem.

I currently have my HD components connected to the receiver's HDMI inputs. I have the audio output from each component connected to the respective audio input on the receiver. I output the audio to the headphone transmitter via the tape output. Everything works fine except my Apple TV has no analog audio output on the Apple TV. So I'm thinking, maybe there is a simpler solution.

Any help would be appreciated, Les
post #4 of 4 Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 PM

curious as well...
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page