Two receivers, one Abus, one question!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-20-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an onkyo pushing 7.1 in basement livingroom with pre-outs to a cheap Sherwood receiver that runs (via speaker selector) 4 bar speakers, 2 poker room speakers, outdoor speakers, and office speakers (4zone) and it sounds great.

I have an Abus system on the mail level of home and have ran RCA's (and cat5 and cat6 just to be sure) to the Abus before I finished the basement.

My question is how to integrate the system in basement w Abus? I thought pre-outs but the other receiver doesn't have them and I don't think I can split preouts from onkyo (one to Abus and one to Sherwood).

Can I integrate the Abus without replacing the Sherwood with a new receiver has preouts?

Thx everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by appino210 View Post

My question is how to integrate the system in basement w Abus? I thought pre-outs but the other receiver doesn't have them and I don't think I can split preouts from onkyo (one to Abus and one to Sherwood).

I don't know what abus is - but likely you can split the preouts from the onkyo. Should not be a problem - the Onkyo should just see its output split between two inputs - splitting two ways is not a problem for "typical" input and output impendance..

Everything I say here is my opinion. It is not my employers opinion, it is not my wife's opinion, it is not my neighbors opinion, it is My Opinion.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-20-2011, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Abus by russound. Self contained whole house audio. Builders have homes here pre-wired for it since it costs nothing (some cat5).

So splitting the pre outs on the onkyo has no effect on the onkyo or sound quality to other amp?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-20-2011, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by appino210 View Post

So splitting the pre outs on the onkyo has no effect on the onkyo or sound quality to other amp?

It shouldn't - yMMv

Everything I say here is my opinion. It is not my employers opinion, it is not my wife's opinion, it is not my neighbors opinion, it is My Opinion.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page