HELP, In wall center configuration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2011, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help setting up my family room surround. This is for a family room not a dedicated HT room but I would still like to set it up right.

RC65I In walls fr, c, fl
RC60i In Ceiling br, bl
polk 10" sub

I looked for a center channel to use with my RC65i fronts, after reading many posts I decided to buy a extra pair and use a RC65i as a center.

Many posts stated the traditional centers with two mid range drivers and a single tweeter oriented horizontally may cause issues with a sound field(cancelation of waves)

Many posts suggested that a 2way speaker will make a great center and that ideally all front speakers should be identical.

My question is whether or not i can/should place the center rc65i center channel on its side for appearance or leave it verticle for any sound benefit.
Could you hear a difference based on speaker orientation in just a 2way speaker(can a tweeter cancle waves from a woofer?)

Any advice would be much appreciated as I would like to start the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-26-2011, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
try an experimental setup with the speakers un-installed, but set up roughly like they will be in the wall. Then try both the horizontal and vertical orientation. I doubt you will hear much, if any, real difference. Lots of theory on MtM orientation, but little practical difference.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
In case anyone has a similar situation. I did use 3 RC65I speakers for L, C, R. I placed the center on its side below the TV. I am very happy with the results. As you can tell by my speaker selection I am no Audio Guru so it works for me just fine.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page