Setting up two MBM's with a pair of DTS-10 subs through Audyssey - Need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-02-2012, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys,

I am about to re-EQ my entire system and am looking for some feedback on how I am currently handling my setup. I have 2 DTS-10 subs on my back wall behind my listening position that are running through a BFD to my Denon 4311CI through sub output1. I am applying manual filters to the subs via the BFD and then I typically run the regular Audyssey setup.

I recently built 2 18" subs tuned to 40hz to act as MBM's up to 80hz that are near-field in front of my listening position. I have these running through a miniDSP to an antimode to my receiver in sub output2. What I have been doing is eqing the DTS-10's seperately then applying the antimode setup to the MBMs, and tweaking all 4 subs using the miniDSP for delay, phase issues, etc.

Would this be the most optimal way or is there any way I can just EQ all these using the miniDSP and the Denon (Audyssey.) What I was thinking a possibility would be to run all 4 subs through the miniDSP to the Denon, remove the BFD, set the HPF and LPF to the subs, and have Audyssey attempt to make all four play nice. The issue I am seeing is the MBM's only go down to 40hz where as the DTS-10's can easily go to 15hz in my room so I wasn't sure if Audyssey would notice the limitation by the MBM's and not create filters for the DTS-10's.

Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-05-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
What do you use to measure ? Are you getting nulls at your seating position ? Can we get a lay out of your room ?

I am a born again multiple sub user LOL, this is right up my alley. looking forward to many of these same issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Multi sub Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Garage Audio !!!
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page