Wall mounts & entertainment center (photo's) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this but, I tried looking but could not find any information on wall-mounting a pair of emotiva ERM 6.2.

I did find this on amazon and wanted to know what you think? Will it work or should I get something else?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UV0....7C6V87BMRR

The reason for the change is I have an 8 month old and she is starting to go every where and get into everything. I need it to be safe for her and still sound great for me. The speaker stands that my ERM 6.2's are currently on for my LR speakers can be easy to tip over. I would like a new entertainment center to hide the rest of my audio gear from prying hands, so the tower must go. would like to wall mount the speakers, Does anyone have any good ideas for both? See photos of my current set up. Oh and don't make fun of the off center TV, the plan is to move it a little bit higher and to the left when we get the entertainment center and speakers mounted.

thanks for all your help

p.s. this is a link for an entertainment set up i was look at http://www.cymax.com/Prepac-Arturo-S...e-BAH-6300.htm
LL
LL
LL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 253
I think the system is very nice-looking the way it is.

There is a simple way to make it rugrat-proof (or earthquake-resistant...lol).

I would simply run a metal strap or small cable about 6-10 inches long from the back of the table-top to a secure wall attachment. It will be almost impossible to see it if done properly, and those tables aren't going anywhere once they are secured in that manner.

P.S.- There are a dozen ways to do it, but I would just use piece of steel "plumber's tape" about 10 inches long, bolt it to the rear skirt of the table, and then put a screw and washer on the other end into the wall. There are more elegant options, no doubt, but that will be strong as heck. Painting it dark brown will help too.

Can't you rearrange the gear on that stand so the the tweakable stuff is high enough to solve the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmon View Post

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this but, I tried looking but could not find any information on wall-mounting a pair of emotiva ERM 6.2.

I did find this on amazon and wanted to know what you think? Will it work or should I get something else?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UV0....7C6V87BMRR

The reason for the change is I have an 8 month old and she is starting to go every where and get into everything. I need it to be safe for her and still sound great for me. The speaker stands that my ERM 6.2's are currently on for my LR speakers can be easy to tip over. I would like a new entertainment center to hide the rest of my audio gear from prying hands, so the tower must go. would like to wall mount the speakers, Does anyone have any good ideas for both? See photos of my current set up. Oh and don't make fun of the off center TV, the plan is to move it a little bit higher and to the left when we get the entertainment center and speakers mounted.

thanks for all your help

p.s. this is a link for an entertainment set up i was look at http://www.cymax.com/Prepac-Arturo-S...e-BAH-6300.htm

post #3 of 9 Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
You have a beautiful setup! No way would I put that TV and your AV equip in an entertainment center! Won't look as modern and won't let the equip breathe as easilly.

Agreed you want to keep your 8month old daughter safe from falling speakers and such. But I do agree with commsysman about bolting the stuff down and anchoring them to make them sturdy and tip proof.

Also I have a 9.5month old daughter and she is crawling around every where and starting to pull herself up so I know what your going thru. And I'm not trying to tell you how to raise her but I am making the front of my living/ht room off limits to her. When she crawls up there I say "NO" and carry her back to her toys. Nothing bad, nothing mean just trying to teach her that its off limits. I have an open tv stand and the tv hangs/mounts to that stand and I have all my equip and center speaker on that stand. I also have 2 tower speakers for my Front L&R speakers and 1 of my 2 subs up near the Front R speaker. So far no issues whatsoever.

Shawn
post #4 of 9 Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

I think the system is very nice-looking the way it is.

There is a simple way to make it rugrat-proof (or earthquake-resistant...lol).

I would simply run a metal strap or small cable about 6-10 inches long from the back of the table-top to a secure wall attachment.

Can't you rearrange the gear on that stand so the the tweakable stuff is high enough to solve the problem?

commsysman

That is a good idea about the metal cable; I will talk to the wife about it. I also could arrange my gear so my baby girl can't touch it, but I think the wife would like the space for a toy box or something

post #5 of 9 Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru View Post

You have a beautiful setup! No way would I put that TV and your AV equip in an entertainment center! Won't look as modern and won't let the equip breathe as easilly.

Agreed you want to keep your 8month old daughter safe from falling speakers and such. But I do agree with commsysman about bolting the stuff down and anchoring them to make them sturdy and tip proof.

Also I have a 9.5month old daughter and she is crawling around every where and starting to pull herself up so I know what your going thru. And I'm not trying to tell you how to raise her but I am making the front of my living/ht room off limits to her. When she crawls up there I say "NO" and carry her back to her toys. Nothing bad, nothing mean just trying to teach her that its off limits. I have an open tv stand and the tv hangs/mounts to that stand and I have all my equip and center speaker on that stand. I also have 2 tower speakers for my Front L&R speakers and 1 of my 2 subs up near the Front R speaker. So far no issues whatsoever.

Flickhtguru,

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I like to think it's a good setup but nowhere near some of these other AVS members. I will be looking into doing something like commsysman was talking about but my other issue is that I hope to be getting some new subs sometime in the near future 2 Chase 18.1's. If I get the 18's there will not be much room up front for the speaker stands, this was one of the reason for wanting to hang the speakers and get a cabinet to combine all my equipment and have less of a foot print on the front stage for more of a WAF.

Congratulations on the 9.5 month daughter, my baby girl is starting to also pull herself up and stand whenever possible. Oh I agree with you on saying no and she has done really well so far with me saying no, it's more that I have a great room so it's the living room/kitchen in one, which makes it hard to limit the amount of time our baby is in the room, unlike having a dedicated or separate room. My wife would also like a place to put the toys and we have something that will fit perfect and match the rest of the room. So if I raise the T.V. around a foot or less, maybe mount the speakers I will have room for the 2 18's up front or at least one of them & still have room for the toy box. While hopefully still keeping the same sound quality and wow factor.

post #6 of 9 Old 03-01-2012, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmon View Post

Flickhtguru,

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I like to think it's a good setup but nowhere near some of these other AVS members. I will be looking into doing something like commsysman was talking about but my other issue is that I hope to be getting some new subs sometime in the near future 2 Chase 18.1's. If I get the 18's there will not be much room up front for the speaker stands, this was one of the reason for wanting to hang the speakers and get a cabinet to combine all my equipment and have less of a foot print on the front stage for more of a WAF.

Congratulations on the 9.5 month daughter, my baby girl is starting to also pull herself up and stand whenever possible. Oh I agree with you on saying no and she has done really well so far with me saying no, it's more that I have a great room so it's the living room/kitchen in one, which makes it hard to limit the amount of time our baby is in the room, unlike having a dedicated or separate room. My wife would also like a place to put the toys and we have something that will fit perfect and match the rest of the room. So if I raise the T.V. around a foot or less, maybe mount the speakers I will have room for the 2 18's up front or at least one of them & still have room for the toy box. While hopefully still keeping the same sound quality and wow factor.

Ok very understandable. Knowing the whole story helps a lot. Yes I agree with what you are saying and why you want to move it. Gotta keep the wife happy so she lets you continue to spend money on this hobby/addiction. LOL.

Shawn
post #7 of 9 Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Just FYI here is a link to my new setup. Its down near the bottom of the page, you can't miss it lots of big photos.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...90726&page=111

Shawn
post #8 of 9 Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

flickhtguru,

You also have a great looking set up! Before I got my Emotiva speakers I was looking at getting the PL-89 set up and the same sub. How do you like that set up? How big is your room and does your LFM-1 plus do a good job in your room?

post #9 of 9 Old 03-02-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

I love my setup couldn't be happier for the price I paid! My room is 23X11X7.5. I have dual LFM-1 Pluses so yes they fill the room very nicely.

Shawn
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page