Bose Store Demonstration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I had no idea which section to post this in, so I'm hoping this topic is somewhat appropriate for this section. I know many of you have probably been to the infamous bose store(s) that are all over. Have any of you actually gone into the theater many of them have in the back for the demonstration that lasts maybe a half hour or so? My question is, what demonstration disks do they use, and how can I get ahold of one? My father bought a bose home theater system years ago and in my opinion, the best thing that came out of it was the demo disk lol. It was good to show off MY home theater system with it, but I really liked the demo they had in that small theater room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 258
There are many good demo discs that have been put out by various recording companies over the years.

I suggest that you go to a dealer and look at what they are using for demos and write down the details so you can find and order them online.

Amazon has a list called "Ultimate Demo DVDs".

There is one called "DTS Demo Disc 12" at bluray.com, plus some related discussion threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

I had no idea which section to post this in, so I'm hoping this topic is somewhat appropriate for this section. I know many of you have probably been to the infamous bose store(s) that are all over. Have any of you actually gone into the theater many of them have in the back for the demonstration that lasts maybe a half hour or so? My question is, what demonstration disks do they use, and how can I get ahold of one? My father bought a bose home theater system years ago and in my opinion, the best thing that came out of it was the demo disk lol. It was good to show off MY home theater system with it, but I really liked the demo they had in that small theater room.

post #3 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

There are many good demo discs that have been put out by various recording companies over the years.

I suggest that you go to a dealer and look at what they are using for demos and write down the details so you can find and order them online.

Amazon has a list called "Ultimate Demo DVDs".

There is one called "DTS Demo Disc 12" at bluray.com, plus some related discussion threads.

Oh wow, okay. I didn't know the average consumer was able to buy those demo disks. Whenever I'd ask, they say they are for demonstration purposes only and not available to the public.

I'll have to look into that "DTS Demo Disc 12"
post #4 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Scuba Steve's Bluray Demo Disc is excellent-there's a thread here on AVS about it.

My girlfriend works at Hooters…in the kitchen.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 105
There is also a new DTS #16 demo blu-ray released this year 2012 with 2D and 3D video.

Shawn
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page