Receiver switch question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased the pioneer sp-c21 two fs51's and two bs21's to upgrade my speakers. I have them paired with a psw110 (upgrading once I have the money) and hooked up to an insignia receiver that I bought a few years ago because it had rocketboost built in and I needed wireless rear speakers.

To the question, I have a pioneer vsx-40 in my bedroom that I'd like to move into the den with my new speakers as I believe it would provide better sound quality (correct me if I'm wrong, new to all this).

I have a rocketboost wireless amplifier hooked up to the surround speakers, I was wondering if I could somehow pair a wireless sender or transmitter to my pioneer receiver that would work with the rocketboost amplifier? I've checked out the rocketboost products and it doesn't seem like you can use them for any receiver.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Get one of their transmitters and you can feed any external stereo audio signal into it.

Roger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
What Roger said, plus (depending on the features of both receivers), it's probably not worth the hassle of moving everything; it really depends what the devices have to offer though. Remember that Insignia products are re-badged from something else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-16-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I'm not sure that transmitter listed would work..how would I connect it to my receiver to output for my surround speakers? It seems to only have a line-in for a 3.5mm or USB..no speaker wire terminals.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneygh View Post

I'm not sure that transmitter listed would work..how would I connect it to my receiver to output for my surround speakers? It seems to only have a line-in for a 3.5mm or USB..no speaker wire terminals.

You are right, the transmitter only takes line level signals. Most AVRs have them, but maybe yours does not. In that case, you can use a "LOC" to convert the speaker signals to line level. Like this.

Roger

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page