Wiring sub into outdoor volume control? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I started a thread a bit ago in the subwoofer forum, but didn't clearly state my issue or question, I think this forum is more appropriate for my question (or confusion)...

I have a Yamaha 2092 Receiver hooked up to a Adcom GFA-5200 amp, which is wired to a Niles WVC100E Outdoor Volume Control feeding my outdoor speakers.
I recently purchased (and will be arriving in a few days) a Polk Audio AM3386-A Atrium Sub10.

According to the sub's user manual, I should be able to wire the sub's right and left channels (drivers) to the output of the right/left output of the volume control knob.
Basically doubling up the output wire connections as I do not have second amp.
There is not a whole lot of room in that volume control box, let alone the wire connections are not that big and I'm not sure I'll be able to fit another 14-gauge wire in the whole.

I would consider replacing the vol knob if need be, only because of the single pair output.
I could really use some advice on getting this system up...with sub and volume control.

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
If I understand what you are trying to do, you don't double up any wiring. You wire from the volume control to the sub's speaker level inputs. Then, from the sub's speaker level outputs to your left and right speakers.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharel View Post

If I understand what you are trying to do, you don't double up any wiring. You wire from the volume control to the sub's speaker level inputs. Then, from the sub's speaker level outputs to your left and right speakers.

thanks for the reply. That config makes sense, but I don't believe this sub has a speaker level output, like a crossover I'm assuming you mean.
This pic is from the manual and the left side would basically match my layout, just a vol control instead of an amp. So that is why I'm assuming I double up the outs from the volume control out. It kind of sucks and doesn't seem quite right, but it seems that is what I'm supposed to do?
any other possibilities?

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page