Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello I have a xfi connecter to my receiver with analog RCa cables,

I have fronts large speakers and satellites small speakers

Soo In the THX panel of the sound card I just set the fronts to large and the rears to small but the is still los sound to the rears son when I turn the vol up the speakers distornionate, If I set the espeaker to small there shouldnt be bass to the speakers right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I got most of the way through your post, but I cannot decipher:

"but the is still los sound to the rears son when I turn the vol up the speakers distornionate, If I set the espeaker to small there shouldnt be bass to the speakers right"

Could you please define:

- "los sound"
- "rears son"
- "distornionate"
- "espeaker"

As far as the part of your question I did understand:

A crossover is not a brick-wall (okay, it can be, but it rarely is) - it's a gradual roll-off. When being used for bass management, it usually does not filter all bass content, only the very lowest frequency material. THX generally specifies this around 80hz, which many satellite speakers can hit. It's the super-low notes, down there at 20hz, that give a lot of speakers trouble (and that's where a subwoofer comes in). So you should still be getting some mid-bass from your satellites if things are set-up properly.

What receiver are you using, and what input are you hooking up through? Are you connecting through a multi-channel analog input (and does this receiver bypass it's internal bass management for this input?) or are you connecting a stereo signal? If a stereo signal, how is the receiver itself configured?

I get the sense that you're having trouble with volume output, how are you controlling the volume on this system? From your computer? Or from the receiver?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-05-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry,

I meant low sounds (below 50hz)

Rears sounds (the sound I hear from the satellites)

Distornionate (distortion) = sounds ungly overdriven

espeaker (speaker)

Im from vzla and I write this fast didnt notice I write such mistakes, sorry.

Soo its normal to hear bass from the satellites even is they are set to small?

Yes its connected thourgh rca analog to the multichanel imput and this fxxxx receiver its old and doesnt have internal bass management. when I listeng music I use cmss3d in stereo soundround soo I can hear all the speaker and wacthing movies I dont have any problem.

Im controlling the vol with my receiver but my rear speakers sounds ugly with high vol, I have an eq of 2 ch pioneer and I use that to filter the low freq sended to the satellites.

(from the sound card to the eq and then to the receiver)
post #4 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 12:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Hold on, you've got 4.1 (or 5.1 or whatever) going from the PC, into an EQ, and then into the receiver? Pull the EQ out - see what happens.

And yes, you should have some "low sounds" from the satellites - to have them play nothing but midrange and treble you'd have to filter them at something insane like 1khz. It would be awful.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

I have 5.1, but the rca cable that goes from the sound card to the receiver I have an eq between the sound card and the receiver and with the eq I filter the low freq that my sound card is sending to the satellites, but its 5.1
post #6 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltato999 View Post

I have 5.1, but the rca cable that goes from the sound card to the receiver I have an eq between the sound card and the receiver and with the eq I filter the low freq that my sound card is sending to the satellites, but its 5.1

Yeah, you don't need to do that, and it doesn't help anything. Remove that EQ. Set-up bass management on the PC if possible, otherwise just leave it alone.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page