Home theater set-up HDMI/component cables - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a front projector in my theater that doesnt have HDMI. Is it possible to use component to the projector from my AVR and still receive the HD audio by connecting an HDMI cable from my Blu-Ray and Satelite receiver to my AVR. In effect I would be using component for video and HDMI for audio simultaneously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgman View Post

I have a front projector in my theater that doesnt have HDMI. Is it possible to use component to the projector from my AVR and still receive the HD audio by connecting an HDMI cable from my Blu-Ray and Satelite receiver to my AVR. In effect I would be using component for video and HDMI for audio simultaneously.

Is it possible to do with an AVR that has that capability? Yes.

Is it possible to do with your AVR? Who knows... you didn't say which AVR you have...
post #3 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:

I can think of reasons why it either wouldn't work or would work with lip-synch issues. The equipment's documentation usually lacks information about odd setups like this.

All things considered you should just give it a try with short cables, and an unmounted projector.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
Quote:

as the question is stated, no, as no avr will take a hdmi video signal and output it over component...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #5 of 5 Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Rather than HDMI, use the digital audio outputs--coax or optical-- of the source equipment for your audio and use that along with the component video and you'll be good.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page