Does a Monster HTS1000 MKIII Home Theater Power Center have a 12V DC trigger ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can any one answer definatively whether the Monster HTS1000 MKIII has a 12V or DC trigger ?
The old MKII did have a DC trigger, and its use is well documented around the web.
There is no mention of the DC trigger in the documentation for the MKIII, but it does show up in the pictures Monster presents on its web site.
Looking for power center/surge protector with a DC trigger, in a smaller package to turn on a old Marantz amp ( or two ) that I am putting back into service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrrr View Post

Can any one answer definatively whether the Monster HTS1000 MKIII has a 12V or DC trigger ?
The old MKII did have a DC trigger, and its use is well documented around the web.
There is no mention of the DC trigger in the documentation for the MKIII, but it does show up in the pictures Monster presents on its web site.
Looking for power center/surge protector with a DC trigger, in a smaller package to turn on a old Marantz amp ( or two ) that I am putting back into service.

I think I'd email the company

Everything I say here is my opinion. It is not my employers opinion, it is not my wife's opinion, it is not my neighbors opinion, it is My Opinion.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM

Liked: 10
longrrr - I'm currently looking for a new power conditioner for my setup also. The driving factor is that my current one, a Panamax Max 1500, only has a 100W AC trigger versus the new 12v DC standard.

Instead of replacing my existing unit I found these alternatives, which may solve your issue at a much lower cost.

Xantech AC1 Controlled AC Outlet
DIY Relay About $15 in parts.
Niles AC-3 Voltage Triggered AC Power Strip

If you really want a 12DC switched power strip, Panamax has a really cheap one relative to the Monster units.
Panamax M10-HT-PRO

Also, you may want to read some user reviews of those Monster units on Amazon and other sites. It appears those units commonly fail after 2 years, my Panamax is nearly 8+ years old and still going strong.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I had MK2 and it worked fine for about 7 years before it starting making a loud buzzing noise (just a few months ago).
I was well out of the warranty timeline but I called Monster anyways to see if how much they would charge to fix it before I decided to buy something else to be replace it.

Long story short…because of my particular circumstances/scenario, I shipped my old MKII to them (my cost shipping) they shipped (their cost shipping) out the New MKIII to me for free.

I still have the manual and the original packaging and don’t see any mention of the trigger source anywhere there BUT I do see, that in front of the unit, there is a jack with this label “AC/DC in 3-30V 10mA MIN” It also came with the necessary jack, a coax monster cable wire and phone jack cable. While they supplied the necessary jack, they make no mention of it on the packaging or manual but they do mention the phone cable and coax cable. I don’t use nor never tried to use the 12 volt trigger.