Soundproofing experts - unsolicited recommendation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently had an great conversation with Doug Johnson, the Sales and Marketing Manager at Kinetics Noise Management, which specializes in a broad range of soundproofing work from tacking noise issues in commercial properties to installing high-end home theater systems. I am dividing my basement into non-complementary spaces (one a home office and the other a play space for children) and Doug spent a lot of time with me on the phone just to get me up to speed about what issues I need to address. He offered the solutions that were best for me, even if they were ones that I could easily purchase other places, though of course my preference is to use Kinetics all the way through my project. Doug is highly professional, very knowledgeable, patient and overall very pleasant to work with. I enthusiastically recommend him as your first stop to solving whatever soundproofing issues you may have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-10-2012, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Kinetics is one of the main commercial companies for acoustics products, including room isolation and noise suppression (I used their IsoClips when building my media room). Great people!

http://www.kineticsnoise.com/

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #3 of 3 Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I would encourage anyone looking for soundproofing to shop. Some products are very expensive relative to their tested contribution. Some companies tie in multi-product systems with products that intuitively seem useful but may not at all be be in your application.

If you look at the data, it's much better to incorporate all 4 elements of soundproofing, rather than rely on one or two, yet pay a premium for jut those one or two items. Spread out the budget.

If you're curious about home theater isolation, visit the AVS dedicated theater construction forum and see what others are or are not using successfully. http://www.avsforum.com/f/19/dedicated-theater-design-construction

Ted

The Soundproofing Company
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page