Can someone help me. A big scam but not audio/video - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
but computers...Dell. Who do I complain to for their warranty fraud. Strong statement but I don't mind backing it up.mad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Randy I don't know who to complain to officially, but Dell is usually pretty good if you escalate up the chain of mgmt. If you aren't getting any satisfaction from their India based first level support ask to speak with a supervisor. I've dealt with their tech support quite a bit and had good luck personally! If worst comes to worst I can probably help you get your machine running again, or help you find a new one.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

post #3 of 8 Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Randy I don't know who to complain to officially, but Dell is usually pretty good if you escalate up the chain of mgmt. If you aren't getting any satisfaction from their India based first level support ask to speak with a supervisor. I've dealt with their tech support quite a bit and had good luck personally! If worst comes to worst I can probably help you get your machine running again, or help you find a new one.
Here is what they do,, first they connect you with someone to sell extended warranties and promise a fix and then they don't fix it. I can't tell you how pissed I am after spending more than 2 hours on the phone with repeating mulitple times my service tag number. I am so tired as an old guy. By the way, I anticiapated this and bought an Alienware laptop (like you Jonathan) but the extended warranties IMO are a fraud and I am reporting to the BBB because they have not fixed my Inspiron 14Z
post #4 of 8 Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bessinger View Post

Here is what they do,, first they connect you with someone to sell extended warranties and promise a fix and then they don't fix it. I can't tell you how pissed I am after spending more than 2 hours on the phone with repeating mulitple times my service tag number. I am so tired as an old guy. By the way, I anticipated this and bought an Alienware laptop (like you Jonathan) but the extended warranties IMO are a fraud and I am reporting to the BBB because they have not fixed my Inspiron 14Z
Just as an FYI, I just got the alienware Laptop and they knew exactly what I had and how I could cover my computers for both hardware and software and how since I had coverage on the Inspiron and after we decided on my "new" coverage all would be good. What a bunch of ****, that of couse I fell for and my Inspiron still does not work. I don't trust "pure" capitalism. I just can't get over how they knew exactly what computers I owned but coud not figure out my extended warranty information nor what service calls I have had....Amazinly stupid of me for trusting companies and no regulation.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-15-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 432
It is frustrating. They take notes when you call. I'd keep badgering them. I know it's frustrating!

I hope you like your Alienware when it comes in. My little M11X is a great laptop. I've enjoyed it immensely for the last couple years. Which model did you decide on?

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

post #6 of 8 Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

It is frustrating. They take notes when you call. I'd keep badgering them. I know it's frustrating!
I hope you like your Alienware when it comes in. My little M11X is a great laptop. I've enjoyed it immensely for the last couple years. Which model did you decide on?
Got it today and it is the cheapest. I will let you know.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 292
The most powerful path is to complain to your state attorney's office. They will write them a letter asking for a response. It usually gets their attention. They seem to have a lot of reports on file with BBB: http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/computers-dealers/dell-in-round-rock-tx-41453. Despite all that they give them A+. Maybe they have solved them all and do care. So it may not hurt to report them there too.

Amir
Founder, Madrona Digital
"Insist on Quality Engineering"

post #8 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

The most powerful path is to complain to your state attorney's office. They will write them a letter asking for a response. It usually gets their attention. They seem to have a lot of reports on file with BBB: http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/computers-dealers/dell-in-round-rock-tx-41453. Despite all that they give them A+. Maybe they have solved them all and do care. So it may not hurt to report them there too.
Thanks I will do that. Update- I finally got a hold of someone today who helped solve the problem.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page