Will a TRRS Splitter Solve My Problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please keep in mind I've been learning audio basics for the last few weeks.

Okay, so first the situation I need to solve. I have this audio setup for my Xbox 360. My goal is to capture game audio with my PC from the Mixamps headset port while simultaneously gaming with the A40s. I'd purchased a cheap Belkin headphone splitter off AZ to facilitate this. I was testing things out today and noticed my mic on the headset was not being picked up. Needless to say I noticed that the A40 headset was TRRS, and the splitter TRS. Didn't even know those terms until the last few weeks. Didn't realize the different between them until today.

To recap and clarify. I want the splitter to output stereo to each female jack while also being able to carry the mic audio from the headset to the mixamp.

So, I'm wondering if either of these would work in this situation: StarTech Headset Splitter
Naztech Audio Splitter

It's worth mentioning that I purchased the Astro Powered Splitter and mine seems to be defective.. It has a ridiculous amount of static which leads to fatigue. It's being RMA'd but I'm not entirely convinced a replacement will solve this issue which is why I'm seeking alternate solutions.

Any advise or insight is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-19-2012, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Doesn’t look like either of those will work. The Startech link says it’s a “4-pin to 3-pin headphone splitter,” and the Naztech says it “lets you connect two mini-stereo headphones or speakers to the same jack on your iPod, portable cassette, or CD player.” In other words, both spilt out TRRS to TRS.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page