New system help!!! Denon AVR-1911 & Definitive Technology Procinema 600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2012, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently upgraded my home theater system to a Denon AVR-1911, paired with the Procinema 600 system from Definitive Technology.

I connected my front speakers through the sub as per the directions from DefTech. I also ran the Audessey auto calibration through my Denon. Everything sounds great!

I'm not an expert in the least. I wanted to make sure I'm getting the best sound possible out of my new system.

Any tips or advice? Is there such thing as a professional audio calibration? Much appreciated!

I was also curious about where to set the variable low pass crossover on the sub. Like I said, I'm running the front speakers through the sub to the amp. I'm also running the lfe cable from the amp to the sub. The manual said to set it to 150 hz if using LFE. Is that correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16

U sez, "...Like I said, I'm running the front speakers through the sub to the amp. I'm also running the lfe cable from the amp to the sub..."

Lemme get this straight, your speaker wire is:  AVR ->Sub->Main speakers...and... AVR->Sub via RCA wire?

Is that correct?

If so, then you may be doing a disservice to your main speakers.  The RCA from AVR to Sub will handle all of the sub's needs.  Connect your main speakers directly to your AVR.  Set your speakers to 'small' and max out the dial for the sub X-over.

Make the AVR do all of the work.

If what I believe that you have done is correct, then you are losing some FQ in the sub that should be going to your mains.

If I do not have a grasp of what you are saying, then please diagram all of your speaker connections.

...and of course, you also said, "Everything sounds great!"  So the other option is to do nothing...

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

Tags
Denon Avr 1911 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page