Please help me finish...... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-20-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First time here, So here it goes. What I have so far, Fosgate 4125,fosgate model three prossesor, Numark eq2600, Heresey 1, warferdale 88s, cheap center and sides,Onkyo soon to be replaced. Ar 115 powered Sub. (any info?) All going thru a cheap Box onkyo reciever. I need to change the receiver. I know the model three is older, for the new Dolby etc.. If I can GEt something to get close to a 7.1 sound would be great. Otherwise the best whatever for music, mostly CDs and streaming. Give me your thoughts. Someone mention to get another amp, but was'nt specfic. Looking at used Rotels, Adcoms, Luxmans etc.. Small budget.$300.00. And finally, do you guys think a harmony remote can work all my componets esp. The Model three?

Fosgate 4125 power amp. B&K AV 6000, Fosgate Model Three processor. Fronts- Klipsch Hersey1 and Klipsch KLF-C7 center, Sides onkyo? Rears warfedale' Sapphire 88. Numark 2600 eq. Pioneer PDP- 50 inch, PS3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 AM

Liked: 24
Sell the Model 3, Fosgate 4125, Onkyo and Numark on eBay or something, add the proceeds to your $300 budget to buy something new. If you are in love with the Warfdale and Heresy 1, well ok, but then you say cheap center and sides. The center is the most important speaker. Sides (surrounds?) less so. I'd shoot for 3 identical fronts. if you can. Selling older stuff will add to your budget. Receivers you can get today for $500 are amazing, handle all the current sound and video formats, and if you pick the right one, add auto-calibration. You haven't mentioned video, but if you have an older display without HDMI, you'll run into a bump trying to use the new receiver with it, as well as any modern source gear. Old TVs and projectors are pretty much worthless, where older audio stuff has value. The Harmony will deal with current stuff, doubtful on the older stuff, but possible.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I want to keep the fosgates just looking for a new amp or receiver. Just brought a Klipsch c7 center channel. Question on the AR 15 powered sub. it has left and right line outs, I only use one out and it works, no matter what line I use, should I connect both left and rights for the one sub? please advise.

Fosgate 4125 power amp. B&K AV 6000, Fosgate Model Three processor. Fronts- Klipsch Hersey1 and Klipsch KLF-C7 center, Sides onkyo? Rears warfedale' Sapphire 88. Numark 2600 eq. Pioneer PDP- 50 inch, PS3.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page