Help with pcfi cables! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, guys im a noob just stared pcfi. I Just ordered kef q300 and im trying to biwire this speakers to my marantz pm5004 amp. Can i use this biwire to connect my speakers?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canare-4S11-Star-Quad-11-AWG-BiWire-Speaker-Cable-1-Pair-2-to-4-Banana-6-Ft-/150909910040?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2322ee7c18

It says biwire and banana plug im not sure what this really means....

I also have bladelius dac and trying to connect rca cables should this rca cables work for my system?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canare-GS6-RCA-F-09-Pair-Audio-Cable-2-Ft-Black-Red-/120770088463?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item1c1e754e0f

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
There's no reason to think those won't work. But they both seem awfully expensive for the task. They're pretty, but they won't offer more function over commodity cables you can buy from monoprice or blue jeans cable.

Biwiring won't do anything for you compared to a jumper between the terminals.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

I thought canare cables are good but i didnt know that cables was cheap quality. should i just go for basic audioquest cables? There so many choices and but i have little budget. If ther any recommendations for cables please help. Thank you!
post #4 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
If you are implying Canare cables are poor quality, you could not be more wrong. Canmare is the accepted industry standard for the most exacting audio requirements of rexcording, broadcast, commercial and industrial and have been for 30 years.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

I heard that canare cables are good but hearing that those cables are low quality im very confused. Do you think those models will perfom good? Im very confused
post #6 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyyoung749 View Post

I thought canare cables are good but i didnt know that cables was cheap quality. should i just go for basic audioquest cables? There so many choices and but i have little budget. If ther any recommendations for cables please help. Thank you!

There is nothing wrong with the Canare cables. I'm sure they are adequate. I'm sure Audioquest are equally adequate. I was only pointing out that you can find equal performance for much less money. I have used these RCA cables from monoprice in many length variants for years and have never had one fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmologist View Post

If you are implying Canare cables are poor quality, you could not be more wrong. Canmare is the accepted industry standard for the most exacting audio requirements of rexcording, broadcast, commercial and industrial and have been for 30 years.

Nobody is implying that.
Quote:

I heard that canare cables are good but hearing that those cables are low quality im very confused. Do you think those models will perfom good? Im very confused

Like I said, I'm sure those cables are just fine. I just think you can get equal performance for fewer dollars. Jacketed 12 AWG speaker cable from bluejeans costs $0.52/foot. Quality banana plugs can be had for a buck or two per pair.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Oh thanks. Then why is that cables so expensive? Is is worthless to spend alot of money on cables?
Whats the diffrence between 2 rca to 2rca and rca to rca. Which one should i use for my system? It seems so confusing. Thank you.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 1074
Quote:

Oh thanks. Then why is that cables so expensive?

Cables aren't expensive if you buy them from retailers who take nominal markups on what they sell and don't communicate mistruth when they sell them.
Quote:
Is is worthless to spend alot of money on cables?

Depends what you call a lot. If you spend over $100 on cables for a full surround system you are probably doing something unecessary.
Quote:
Whats the difference between 2 rca to 2rca and rca to rca.

They are usually the same.
Quote:
Which one should i use for my system? It seems so confusing. Thank you.

If you have any questions post your shopping list from any of the well-known web merchants and you will no doubt have a useful opinion or six (or 60?) within the day.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page