Need Help for Living Room/Patio Sound Setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys,

I've been doing a bit of research but I'm hitting a wall on my options.

Here's what I want to do:
In the living room I want a soundbar on my TV to keep it nice and clean. Then I'd like to put a decent (but nothing hi-end) Hi-Fi system in the living room as well to play CDs and Records.
Inside the living room I'd probably link it to the soundbar and then outside on the patio to 1 or 2 speakers.

Most of the mini-systems I've looked at (Onkyo, Denon...) don't seem to have 'AUX In' for my record turntable and even less seem to have more than 2 speaker input.
I also wonder if I'd need to be able to separate the 2 rooms on the system so I could play the TV inside and the music outside. Which would probably mean a dedicated receiver?

What do you guys think are my best options for such a setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well, what I did is use 2 receivers. But only because I had 2 laying around from my periodic upgrade bug I keep catching. So I have one that runs living room speakers and another for the patio speakers. They are both tied into the same source, dish TV receiver, but this way I can turn them on and off independantly. I can't imagine when I would want music outside and news or tv or something inside so it works for me to have them tied together. One of the receivers has a/b speaker outpts so that one also adds speakers to my game room. If were having a get together we can have music playing everywhere which is pretty nice.

If you're look at home theater in a boxes you may not find an a/b spaker option, but most stand-alone receivers have that option anymore.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Someone recommended this little thing http://www.htd.com/Products/2-Channel-Stereo/A-2106-Stereo-Amplifier
Which seem to have some nice A,B, AB options. Right now I'm looking at soundbars for the living room.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page