DELETE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey Guys,

I'm in desperate need of help in deciding what bookshelf speakers to get for my 5.1 setup in the living room. Desperate because there are some decent black friday deals going on right now but since I still can't decide what to get, I fear that I will lose the opportunity to save roughly around hundred bucks. I have attached a picture and being a poor artist, my dimensions may not be scaled properly but it's detailed enough to give you guys an idea of what i am struggling with.

My apartment living room is rather small and also a little open as shown in the picture. I have my Motion 10s right next to the TV and the subwoofer a foot away from the nearest speaker. I will be placing the bookshelfs one foot besides and one foot behind either edge of the couch. My budget is around 300, hopefully not more. Can you guys advise on whether this setup is okay and which set of bookshelf would be most appropriate for me?. My typical viewing/listening involves 60% movies or streaming tv shows, 20% music and 20% gaming. I tried to do a lot of search on this but each time I read a thread on one item, I come across another pair and it just keeps snowballing further.

So far I have considered (not leaning towards anyone in particular) the following

1. Ascend cbm-170se
2. Wharfedale 10.1 (these are hard to find)
3. HSU HB-1 MK2
4. Aperion Intimus 4B
5. PSB Image B4
6. PSB Alpha B1
7. Paradigm Mini Monitor
8. Audio Engine A5 (available open-box for 250)
9. Monitor Audio Silver RS1 (available used for 300)

there are also a few not in the list that i have intermittently considered like the SVS SB-02 but have not read much on it...

i would be very grateful for any and all information/thoughts you guys can share with me

TIA

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page