Once I am done calibrating the speakers to the room dimensions via Audyssey, I intend to verify that the speakers are correctly leveled from Audyssey's calibration.
In order to do this I need some equipment.
Basically, I want to know, what they are, where to obtain them and how to properly use them for the Audyssey MultEQ XT post-verification task.
I have no experience in recording with microphones.
List of what I need, feel free to add missing components.
Art USB Dual Pre
Dayton Audio EMM-6
XLR male to XLR female mic cable
Noise test files
1. If I'm recording with the mic, do I need to affix it to something or can I manually hold it?
2. Where should the mic be? at the listening position? in front of the speaker/sub?
3. What brand and model XLR male to XLR female mic cable should I get?
4. Where can I download the noise test files? i.e., a website that hosts audio files that test for frequencies that I need to record for proper verification
5. I am looking for a tutorial (preferably step-by-step) on how to set up, configure and use the Art USB Dual Pre + Dayton Audio EMM-6 mic + REW software for proper use of identifying any possible mismatched levels of the speakers and subwoofer, despite any of Audyssey MultEQ XT's benefits I would have gained. Since I can not find the main AVS REW thread, can someone link me to the thread so I can ask someone for interactive advice who uses the Art USB Dual Pre + Dayton Audio EMM-6 mic + REW software?
Please number your answer(s) to the corresponding question. For instance, your answer for number 2 should be "2. the mic should be at this location."
5.1 small-room size: 800 ft³+ 54 ft³ corner door space
AVR: Denon 1712
Fronts: Pioneer SP-BS41-LR /Center: Pioneer SP-C21 / Rear: Pioneer SP-BS21-LR
Subwoofer: SVS PC12-NSD
Screen: Samsung UN46EH6070 46" 1080p 3D LED 240 CMR TV
Viewing distance: 7.33 ft