what happens when we are missing the other 180 degrees of phase? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
we cant sit in the vehicle and hear the audio sound as if it was coming from 10-15 feet away from the door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-02-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 131
What?

RealTraps - The acoustic treatment experts
Ethan's Audio Expert book

post #3 of 16 Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 145
really no reason to try to get an explanation. It'll be lengthy nonsense and you might foolishly feel driven to attempt to correct things for the good of the order which will result in longer less comprehensible posts that might begin to induce a sense of deja vu. Or recollections of Groundhog Day.
post #4 of 16 Old 12-02-2012, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12

^^ +1 As an example, see this thread.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

post #5 of 16 Old 12-02-2012, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

what i am not seeing is the on-topic passion that brings a person to fire up their computer and browse the web until they find a place like this to communicate.
instead, i am seeing responses that relate to a lack of appreciation - as well as seeking attention without sentences related to the topic of the forum.

and to think.. i've been forced to look at trouble for sentences related to the topic of the forum, yet because they werent 100% on topic with the title of the thread - i was harassed & assaulted and told my intelligence is inferior (or that my aim towards being on topic is inferior).

and to think some more..
i've seen insulting posts exist like termites in wood or cockroaches in the walls, and not only do they remain visible - sometimes the moderators come in and support the post.

apparently we cant touch hot topics because there isnt enough support to calm or ease a riot.

take one pill and tell us everyone will be back again for another life time.
or
take the other pill that says some of us will only be on this earth once and we dont want to wait around wasting time anymore because 'the family' is on a different agenda.

but let it be known..
if the channels are discrete, and they have their own discrete data channel per speaker.. then yes, you could get the full 360 degrees of phase in the audio.
but the decoder will continue to grab from one half of 180 degrees to send the audio data to some matrixed extra channel (rear surround or front height or front wide or whatever 'extra' speakers there are)
it is simply a matter of where that information goes and what speakers are without the full 360 degrees of phase.

the only anarchy i see is the fact that people are in a place of communication, yet they are selling their words as short or as sharp as humanly possible.
it takes two to communicate.. and this leg and foot cant walk with a lousy match - no matter who or what is the match.
(perhaps some are part of the 'sit back and laugh while the factory does more than humanly possible' crowd ?)
or
maybe you would prefer silence over interest, action, progress, happiness from a civilization that is doing what they want compared to a bad view of the menu.

people should be ashamed they know how to do ONE thing and they try to keep the instructions a secret because that is the only way the person can make money.
that person will never-ever bounce from one job to the next in a week (or month) and will grow to be compulsively bored, and perhaps emotionally neglected (or neglecting) .. all because they wanted to play with secrets instead of help grow the world and become a free entrepreneur.

..power?
what did you do with it when you had it.?

treating this world like an infant is because of secrets they dont want to share.
c'mon.. bipolar mental problems because they dont want to reveal something about quantum (yes quad) polarity possibilities.
they do next to nothing to support tortured intelligence., and it is easy to say they torture themselves as well because of lack.
a poor life down in the dumps with too much sag will grow capacity that is strong enough to overtake other emotions or thoughts.
there is a long list of things growing in this world that are quite easily objectionable .. but how do you participate around those growing seeds?
who or what stops you from participating?
see.. it is because of american freedom, and the fact that nobody gets to see it done right .. and therefore there is tens of thousands of people willing to suppress any attempt because of fears that it isnt done perfectly.
much like suffocating something and expecting energy in the end throughout someones course of dyslexia.

and to think positive?
the two 'respected' persons are simply slapping the name of what recordings they've got to share if such an amplifier setup was installed..?
as if their high-chair view has shared anything at all visible to anybody other than knowing somebody personally.
escape goats, egotistical excuses, and the undieing truth about becoming involved - yet ending involvement early.
windows and gates - yes i know some people walk their whole life without grabbing them and using them for themselves.
i dont see anybody else growing intellect worth sharing.
this world wont spin all on its own, as their are children born every single day with a high potential to be raised on empty values .. and then they come here to find more evidence of empty value.

keeping value in school and school only is pathetic ... it gives no chance or opportunity for people who want to go back and run the course a second time.
and you know you will hear it soon.. people say they arent lonely and they dont need you, but they were hypocritical enough to show their face out in public and appear as if they had the free time to do it right from wrong.

what else happens?
we dont get good virtual surround sound in headphones.. we dont get good stereo sound that leaves the inside of the cup.
we cant mix one phase with another using twinkles of effort to get a final result.
its like being stuck in 16bit compared to 24bit all over again.

we have to flip the polarity on our speakers and hope the variable phase knob will sweep the other side.
they say we cant want what we dont know exists .. and if we know it exists, we are automatically thrown into a pool of abuse that nobody can follow because the rest of civilization doesnt have a clue about the existance.

they say age is only a number.. yet IQ numbers are valid.
but they dont tell you age has chunks of curiosity embedded into the timeline because of things like growth hormones and puberty.

your opportunity to provoke something has came and passed.
this isnt as free and floating as if standing next to somebody where a scale of judgement could swing in favor for you.
it is more like punctuation, clarity, focus, amount of effort, aimed will power, desire, value, morality.

and dont forget judgements and tax scores, because there are computer API's that can monitor the internet and make adjustments to your social security number.
things like paying for gas at the gas station and the pump gives you less gas than what you paid for .. this is the real future and they say it cant happen here because it is more rational to happen elsewhere.
so when your miles per gallon drops because the car computer was zapped with a remote controller to punish you for your actions (or lack of actions) .. the victim doesnt get a receipt and that doesnt serve well to grow a healthy civilization.

not a whole lot to say about the title of the thread.
but did you know?

the only two choices are:
1. you are welcome to speak
2. you are unwelcome to speak

bothering to build a website such as this, only to grasp a hypocrisy that leans towards unwelcome is illegal because of the mental and emotional damages involved.
from that point forward, whatever 'mob' takes action is once again available for judgement.. and with all power - what did you do with it when you had it?
.. and again, who is sitting back laughing because there is some associated reason to procrastinate?

it is easy to find people that love themselves.
answers are brighter and easier to obtain than what some 'services' would want you to know.
lousy has a source.
it is about that time we look at the source, because here it is 2012 and what is left of current generations needs to be used rather than ignored|neglected.
dont forget there is an infant out there absorbing everything of content from what the economy & society pours out.

..and if you think my words are all too much, think about it again when you are questioning your sanity because of some really high quality audio mixed with math (or fact) of higher quality.
free time will do that to you.

**edit**

seriously..
nobody has any jokes or far out from ___ field views about the topic to simply change the outlook of the day?
post #6 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Above the inhabitant multiplies any chemical. Grave poetics nigh unforcefully!

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
LOL!
Why you wouldn't want to join this forum
post #7 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
I'm hoping the AVS community can help me out.

I recently developed an advanced random word generator which can assemble full sentences yet ensures that none of them actually result in any form of useful information.

A few weeks back, it was stolen and the only clue I have is that the thief is an AVS member.

Can anyone help identify a suspect? wink.gif
Ethan Winer likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

I recently developed an advanced random word generator which can assemble full sentences yet ensures that none of them actually result in any form of useful information.

A few weeks back, it was stolen and the only clue I have is that the thief is an AVS member.

I have no idea who it could be....honest. biggrin.gif

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
LOL!
Why you wouldn't want to join this forum
post #9 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Quote:

I have no idea who it could be....honest. biggrin.gif

We had a guy who posted like this on RAO about a decade ago. He went on like this for a long time and eventually he became more focussed and ummm, controversial. There was no moderation on RAO and the guy eventually ruined the whole place. AVS is moderated and I have quite a bit of faith in the moderators ability to handle any eventuality.
post #10 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

Now that right there is funny.
post #11 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 283
To get back on topic...

what happens when we are missing the other 180 degrees of phase?

That's called a "time warp." I'm not positive, but it might be negative. Unless of course, the answer is reflected on the other side.

You didn't specify... is this "180 degrees" in Fahrenheit or Centigrade, because Centigrade is just a phase the Europeans are going through.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #12 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Can anyone help identify a suspect?
I strongly recommend clicking on his screen name and choosing the Block function. You can't imagine how much cleaner some threads are now!

If you can't explain how it works, you can't say it doesn't.—The High-End Creed

post #13 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

You didn't specify... is this "180 degrees" in Fahrenheit or Centigrade, because Centigrade is just a phase the Europeans are going through.
Craig

We here up north are going thru the same thing except we call it Celsius.wink.gif
post #14 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by anwaypasible View Post

take one pill and tell us everyone will be back again for another life time or
take the other pill that says some of us will only be on this earth once

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07G2DVRVos

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, except not while driving a school bus.
post #15 of 16 Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 166
In before the stomach pump.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #16 of 16 Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

That's called a "time warp."

the only time warp to be talking about is when the cone moves and touches the air .. does the focus of view look at air in front of the cone, or does the focus view the air as solid for a brief moment and look at the wall to see what air is over there to move because the cone is wiggling the solid chunk of air.
Closed Thread Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page