Multiple speakers going into one spring clip terminal pair - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to feed 2 pairs of speakers from the output of an Audio receiver. the output is a pair of spring clip terminals. I would like to put a single pair of wires into the receiver and then have some kind of a splitter where the two wires from the receiver are the input and the four wires to the speakers are the output. I wouldnt have to bend over to access the back of the receiver. It would make life easier.

Problem is that I have not found any accessory like that on Google.. Surely someone else has faced this issue before and stores sell this..

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
if i understand this correctly, you want to hook up 2 speakers to the left terminal and 2 speakers to the right?
post #3 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcame View Post

I want to feed 2 pairs of speakers from the output of an Audio receiver. the output is a pair of spring clip terminals. I would like to put a single pair of wires into the receiver and then have some kind of a splitter where the two wires from the receiver are the input and the four wires to the speakers are the output. I wouldnt have to bend over to access the back of the receiver. It would make life easier.
Problem is that I have not found any accessory like that on Google.. Surely someone else has faced this issue before and stores sell this..
Jim
Wirenuts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Just as big an idea thief as)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Twist the amp ends of each cable pair together.

Be aware that 2 eight ohm speakers wired this way (in parallel) will present a 4 ohm load, which is lower than many receivers are specified to handle and could lead the receiver to overheat and/or the receiver going into protect mode if driven hard. FWIW, two 4 ohm speakers, or one 8 and one 4, present an even more difficult load to the receiver.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page