Direct Radiating surrounds, and movie sound effects ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Okay,

it's been one month since i hooked some side surrounds up.

Some movies sounds very good, and some don't when using 5.1 on the receiver.

For example: i have every thing balance via spl meter c weighting and slow response. (Remember i'am coming from a 3.1 setup) the front stage speakers including sub are set as following LCR 75 db - Sub 75

and surrounds 72 db at sitting position. Every thing sounds "great" but it seems to me the sound track on some blu rays are louder than others and it drowns out the center. I'm not sure if it's because i'am using miss match surrounds or it's the way they mix it on the disk. My bedroom is hard wood flooring, i have two side ats acoustic panels up from on left and right wall, and a small throw rug in middle of the room in front of my bed. I auto calibrated using "advance mcacc" on my pioneer 1121-k . 

I 'm working on saving some cash to buy some matching hsu hb'1 to go on the side, but for now the sony's will have to do. 

The surrounds are few inches away from the wall and 2" away from back wall and are facing towards each other. 

What i'm trying to say is why can't i get the sony's to blend in? should i toe them in? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

You know what, i try every single position for my side surrounds. I gotta say that putting the direct radiating facing forward to t.v. sounds best in my room. It's sounds more diffuse that way. I love this hobby! 

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page