basement reno - need some suggestions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, I just recently started a full basement reno in our home (about 100 years old). We've gutted everything, and I figured that now would be a good time to run some wires and have a nice BASIC setup.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I do love my music, so the system would be geared mostly towards being able to hear music wherever I am.

Her's my initial thoughts:
  • Denon 1913 receiver with only the front channels (living room doesn't allow anywhere for proper placement of the rear channels)
  • 2 in ceiling speakers for music only
  • Sonos Play speaker for playing music outdoors

I also wanted to run wiring for future expansion into the main floor kitchen at a later date, but this is where I run into trouble. I'm really not sure what the best option is for this. I've been browsing this forum for a while, and quite honestly, I think I'm more confused now!

I'd like the kitchen to have a couple in ceiling speakers. Would I run those off the same zone as the ceiling speakers in the basement? I don't need the option to hear different music in each room currently, although when my kids grow up in a couple years, they may disagree with me.....so maybe it would be better to have that option now! And I'd also like to be able to control the volume separately in the kitchen.

Would it make more sense to just use another Sonos speaker in the kitchen, rather than hard-wiring some speakers?

Any help for my noobish question would be appreciated!

Oh, and budget...no set budget, but would like to keep it reasonable. probably $1500-$2000
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page