Getting rumblind sound out of my 8'' subwoofer. Here's a picture of my setup ! Help ! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So i got the JAMO S608 5.1 speakers along with a jamo sub 250. The sub is placed in the front left corner near the left front speaker. It makes a rumble sound during some part of the movies, for example in the first scene of avatar when he get out of the plane on the wheelchair and a robot passes by.

I also tried setting my fronts to large and other speakers to small , but still. All i want is to set everything to small because im pretty sure the subwoofer gives better and deeper bass than the woofers of the front speakers.
Is it a good idea setting everything to small and try a 60hz crossover?

And what about the gain volume on the back of the sub ?

Here's a picture. Room is 4.3x4.6 meters and the sub is exactly behind the xmas tree. One side of the room is opened and on the other side is a piano , some curtains and a computer desk.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post

So i got the JAMO S608 5.1 speakers along with a jamo sub 250. The sub is placed in the front left corner near the left front speaker. It makes a rumble sound during some part of the movies, for example in the first scene of avatar when he get out of the plane on the wheelchair and a robot passes by.
I also tried setting my fronts to large and other speakers to small , but still. All i want is to set everything to small because im pretty sure the subwoofer gives better and deeper bass than the woofers of the front speakers.
Here's a picture. Room is 4.3x4.6 meters and the sub is exactly behind the xmas tree. One side of the room is opened and on the other side is a piano , some curtains and a computer desk.

I also move the couch a little bit forward for wathcing movies so that its not touching with the backwall.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post

Have you ever thought about joining an Audio Video forum like AVS, so that you could ask questions, post your problems, and perhaps come up with some solutions?

Espo77
post #4 of 4 Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 250
With those speakers, the front speakers should operate well down to at least the 40-50 Hz range.

My guess is that the "rumble' is due to the output of the sub interacting with the output of the front speaker's 10-inch woofers.

You should set the sub to operate only up to around 40 hz or so to avoid overlap with the front speakers.

Adjust the subwoofer's upper frequency settting up and down between 40 and 60 Hz and play material with low bass until you get the best setting.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page