Speaker solution for hard of hearing dad - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Folks,

Need to ask your help. My dad needs some solutionntomget a speaker next to his recliner that doesn't blow the ears out of the rest of us. It's a fresh start with new insignia led 1080p tv model ns42e480a13. We have a cable box from Motorola rng150n. We have no other audio setup, so we can start from scratch.

My goal is to have not a loud or technical audio system, but some solution that allows me to have a wireless speaker next to his seat which is 12 feet back from the tv.

What are your best ideas?

Bear in mind that we already tried " move closer!".

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Would headphones work for him? He could play them a lot louder without disturbing everyone else than speakers.

If you want to stay with speakers, you could use Audioengine's wireless transmitter and a pair of their powered speakers set up as near field monitors for him.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

bfreedma,

Thanks, bro. It's a good idea, but he's too stubborn for headphones... let me check the ae wireless transmitter.

JW
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

I checked out the audioengine w3s. It might work, but we'd need to get USB powered speakers as well. We already have a bluetooth portable speaker logitech S-00096. Does anyone know of a bookshelf system or receiver, etc that broadcasts bluetooth signal? I've only read about those that receive the signal from an ipad, etc. I'd like the receiver or soundbar to issue the bluetooth signal and then use the system's speakers, PLUS the small bluetooth speaker next to his chair. Any ideas?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwardpa View Post

I We already have a bluetooth portable speaker logitech S-00096. Does anyone know of a bookshelf system or receiver, etc that broadcasts bluetooth signal?

Google is your friend.

For example, the following is a USB Bluetooth dongle that can be used to connect BT devices to services on your PC. Presumably sound and music are among them:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bluetooth-Audio-Transmitter-BT-D1/dp/B003FVAQM8

The following device appears to work as a BT transmitter with any device that has a headphone jack:

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-jack-Transmitter-Headphones-Receivers/dp/B002HHLOWC

Old 12-26-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Arnyk,

The mini-jack seems like the way to go. I had checked the dongle earlier and seems it will not work as it would need to install drivers, etc onto the TV OS, and the TV's operating system supposedly would not accept. I'll keep you guys posted!

JW