Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs - Page 392 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 123Likes

post #11731 of 11734 Old Today, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
Well i was affraid you will said that ... i know just the ultra plays very well and aslo shakes more than enough but when i look at the graphs i just cant get ovet those boost i get with both and that is what is bothering my mind ... i have said before that now i will just enyoj the system but today i had a time and i have disconected the sb12 and calibrated with ultra so here i am again damn...
Ultimately you should go with what pleases you the most. I think Alan and I prefer the green curve because it is flatter than the others. But flatter may not be better sounding to you, so go with your ears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11732 of 11734 Old Today, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Green is the one I would go with.
Yup. And then just increase the volume to the subs on the AVR.
Alan P likes this.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #11733 of 11734 Old Today, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
if i buy the proper mic then i will be screwing all over again and again not enyojing the system
No, with a proper mic you will be able to enjoy your system more (and screw around less).
At $2/hour, you've probably already invested more than the $100 the mic would cost.
And I'd worry more about your ears than your speakers.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #11734 of 11734 Old Today, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
by sub distance tweak i just meant lowering the audyssey calibrated distances...not the actual distance tweak. and yes i am adjusting distance just for one sub...well tomorrow i will decide...so far i am leaning towards keeping both...cant hurt the boost i get with both
Well, if you're interested in doing it right:

Sub Distance Tweak

Yes, the "boost" you feel you are getting can "hurt"....well, it will hurt your audio at least.

As was said earlier, the "impact" you're feeling with both subs running is because of the (way) over-exaggerated 20-30hz response. The yellow trace shows that exaggerated response, it also shows a huge dip between 30-40hz that you aren't getting with the flatter, single sub graph. Then, over-exaggerated again between 40-50hz....it's just all over the place!

If you would follow the sub distance tweak procedure (and make sure that both subs are in phase with each other) you could probably get them to play well together....if not, go with the single sub and crank the sub trim up 5-6db. It'll sound better, I guarantee it.

AVR:

FL/R:

CC:

SUR:
SUB:
DISP:
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

Tags
Dayton , Dayton Audio , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page