Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs - Page 433 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 280Likes

post #12961 of 12966 Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 138
^^ I don't remember seeing that with the x4000 device webpage setting. My other Denon 2312 allows changing ALL speaker levels on screen via its remote (level button)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12962 of 12966 Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry

I hear you. When I first started testing ASIO4ALL, I had the same problem in the ASIO control panel. My HD audio device was showing idle, and no amount of clicking would enable it. You may recall a previous posting of mine, where I reported that a completely fresh install of Windows cleared up this problem. IMO, the ASIO4ALL software is a bit flakey. I would hate to think that others like yourself would need to re-install,Windows to get it to work. However, if you haven't tried yet, you could uninstall and re- install ASIO4ALL to see if this helps.
Hi @AustinJerry , Thanks for the Guide. I am having the same issue in ASIO4ALL today where it either recognizes the Input or Output but not Both at the Same time in REW. I am going to try reinstalling ASIO, because I uninstalled it. I do get readings using JAVA but not studied far enough into the guide to see what they mean or if I can map each speaker as well and my Two subs individually and then the Two Subs together in JAVA.

Boy does this stuff take time. 6 Hours and I barely have it all installed. I hope if I can make ASIO work then it is downhill from there.
post #12963 of 12966 Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSF458 View Post
Boy does this stuff take time. 6 Hours and I barely have it all installed. I hope if I can make ASIO work then it is downhill from there.
The first measurement is by far the most difficult and time consuming. I think it took me several days to get everything running correctly.

Now that I know what I'm doing I can setup/measure/teardown in under an hour. Which I need to do because when the rest of the family is out shopping is the best time to measure - no elephants stomping through the house ;-)
post #12964 of 12966 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 946
You can be perfectly functional using the Java drivers, but keep trying to get ASIO to work.
post #12965 of 12966 Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
You can be perfectly functional using the Java drivers, but keep trying to get ASIO to work.
A Buddy advised me to reboot after the reinstall and ASIO works now.

Now I have to review how to balance my subs. What charts can I Post to get some help on how to balance out the two subs? It looks like when both are working together I am getting a huge 15 db dip in the 50HZ range. I am using them with their own iNuke6000DSP and a Denon 4520Ci AVR.

I agree the best time to measure when the family is out. It is not a Ladies' favorite.

Thanks for that wonderful guide. I think in hindsight it was fairly painless because of it.
post #12966 of 12966 Old Today, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSF458 View Post
A Buddy advised me to reboot after the reinstall and ASIO works now.

Now I have to review how to balance my subs. What charts can I Post to get some help on how to balance out the two subs? It looks like when both are working together I am getting a huge 15 db dip in the 50HZ range. I am using them with their own iNuke6000DSP and a Denon 4520Ci AVR.

I agree the best time to measure when the family is out. It is not a Ladies' favorite.

Thanks for that wonderful guide. I think in hindsight it was fairly painless because of it.
I need to go back and check, but I thought a re-boot was one of the trouble-shooting recommendations.

As far as dialing in the subs, the procedure is pretty straight-forward. The first step is finding the best position for the subs, which you do by moving the subs around and running REW frequency sweeps (15-300Hz, no smoothing). It would help if you were to publish two measurements: the combined response of the two subs only, and the response of both subs working with the center channel, both 15-300Hz, no smoothing. And include in your post your room dimensions, which will tell us where your modes are. Even a quick sketch of your room layout, showing where speakers are located, where you sit, and other key features of the room. If you want help, there are a number of people here who are not shy about providing advice.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
Dayton , Dayton Audio , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew