Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs - Page 458 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 345Likes

post #13711 of 13714 Old Today, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Yeah, I'm aware....just never got around to it.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13712 of 13714 Old Today, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod2486 View Post
Have you seen the graphs I have posted in the last few days on this thread? Is this something I would want to smooth with a manual EQ?
Perhaps. or close the doors.

My Room
My Music
Rega - Apollo, Rega - DAC, Goldpoint Passive, (2) Classe CA-100 bridged power amps (350w)
Jenzen Next
post #13713 of 13714 Old Today, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim19611961 View Post
Perhaps. or close the doors.
Well, what I am getting at is would it sound better in the system with the hump smoothed out to match the rest of the frequency response. Being that it is so low it may never be noticed, or it may be beneficial since I am mostly HT? I just have not seen anybody elses graphs with this issue. Not sure what to do about it

I wish I could close some doors but being its in the living room that cant happen. Only open hallway to kitchen in there.
post #13714 of 13714 Old Today, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1932 Post(s)
Liked: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod2486 View Post
Well, what I am getting at is would it sound better in the system with the hump smoothed out to match the rest of the frequency response. Being that it is so low it may never be noticed, or it may be beneficial since I am mostly HT? I just have not seen anybody elses graphs with this issue. Not sure what to do about it

I wish I could close some doors but being its in the living room that cant happen. Only open hallway to kitchen in there.
The hump at 10Hz is unusual. If not caused by some sort of mechanical vibration in your home, then maybe it is a defective mic. I am unaware of many subs that would be causing that hump. Can you actually hear that something is amiss? Maybe you should ask your question to MiniDSP support. No one here seems to have an answer for you here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
Dayton , Dayton Audio , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew