Originally Posted by ahblaza
Yes I have tried it, twice on two different computers, a PC and laptop with the same results. I'm getting the same thing for the output device in the sound card preferences, HD audio 1 and 2. I just dojn't understand what else to do. My UMIK-1 is the default device and did the voice test so I know it's working. Why won't it recognize the UMIK-1? Any suggestions would be appreciated, sorry if I'm high jacking this thread.
OK, let's do a quick review. Answer each question, please.
- In Windows Audio, under the Recording Devices, is the UMIK-1 listed? Is it set as the default recording device?
- On the Advanced tab, are both Exclusive Mode options checked? If so, uncheck them (mine are unchecked).
- On the Advanced tab for Playback Device (HDMI), is the output set to 16 bit, 48000Hz?
- By "Voice Test", do you mean the Windows Sound Recorder? If yes, we can rule out a faulty mic.
- What version of REW are you running?
- After launching REW and opening the ASIO Control Panel, is the UMIK-1 even listed?
- On the Soundcard Preferences screen, switch to the Java driver. Open the Input Device drop-down. Is the UMIK-1 listed?
OK, here is what I think is happening: there is another application running in Windows that is using the microphone. REW requires exclusive use of the mic, and if anything else is using it, then REW will show "Not Connected" in the Input Device drop-down. What else could be using the mic? Don't know, other than some laptops come pre-configured with a soundcard control program that may be in your Startup Programs that is grabbing the mic. I don't know what your Windows skills are, but I would look for something else that is using the mic, like a webcam app.
If you are a hacker, read this: http://www.7tutorials.com/set-window...-other-devices