Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs - Page 486 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Both measurements are of the center channel + subs with variable smoothing. At 20Hz, the 80dB measurement shows 2.1% THD, while at 105dB, the figure rises to 26.4% THD. At 80dB, there is negligible distortion at 75hZ (.7%), but at 105dB, something significant happens, with a huge distortion bulge (8.8%) developing for an unknown reason.

Interesting...
Another insight to apply to this is that 3rd order distortion occurs at 3X the frequency in question. While one might say 8% distortion isnt audible at 74.9hz, this isnt where it occurs. It occurs at 224.7hz (74.9 X 3). And that, I would wager IS audible.

Along these lines, 10th order distortion happens at 10X the frequency in question. So if one had high 10th order distortion at 30hz, it would occur at 300hz! And so on....

My Room
My Music
Rega - Apollo, Rega - DAC, Goldpoint Passive, (2) Classe CA-100 bridged power amps (350w)
Jenzen Next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Dayton , Dayton Audio , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew