Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs - Page 489 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 427Likes
post #14641 of 14645 Old 04-30-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdub1 View Post
Man, I'd love to hear what your system sounds like!
Thanks. There are few systems id like to hear also.

My Room
My Music
Rega - Apollo, Rega - DAC, Goldpoint Passive, (2) Classe CA-100 bridged power amps (350w)
Jenzen Next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14642 of 14645 Old 04-30-2015, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I started reading the first page - what's the recommended mic to buy to get started simply (don't know much yet) and want to test my room to see what acoustical treatments are needed - it it the minidsp UMIK-1 (seem to be out of stock now)

I have a HTPC as my video source , Denon X4000 AVR with a7.1 set of goldenear triton2, goldenear supercenter XL, and goldenear supersat 50C as a single reat, and deftech8080st as surrounds, and a SVS 20-39ci sub.
I have installed acoustical panels in the front , side and rear - want to see what else may be needed
I was planning on using the Audessey XT32 , though I think goldenear recommends leaving it off, though I could use this s/w (when I learn what I'm doing).
post #14643 of 14645 Old 05-01-2015, 01:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post
I started reading the first page - what's the recommended mic to buy to get started simply (don't know much yet) and want to test my room to see what acoustical treatments are needed - it it the minidsp UMIK-1 (seem to be out of stock now)

I have a HTPC as my video source , Denon X4000 AVR with a7.1 set of goldenear triton2, goldenear supercenter XL, and goldenear supersat 50C as a single reat, and deftech8080st as surrounds, and a SVS 20-39ci sub.
I have installed acoustical panels in the front , side and rear - want to see what else may be needed
I was planning on using the Audessey XT32 , though I think goldenear recommends leaving it off, though I could use this s/w (when I learn what I'm doing).
Hi cgott42,

A good place to start is reading up on Jerry's guide on using a USB mic with REW in post number 275.

Once you've got familiar with REW, you can post your graphs here for critique by more experienced and knowledgable members. Be sure to post graphs as per the guide.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8 (on order)
post #14644 of 14645 Old 05-01-2015, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Hi cgott42,

A good place to start is reading up on Jerry's guide on using a USB mic with REW in post number 275.

Once you've got familiar with REW, you can post your graphs here for critique by more experienced and knowledgable members. Be sure to post graphs as per the guide.
thanks ! - I 'll read that.
post #14645 of 14645 Unread Today, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Sunflowerbed issues on Macbook Air

Hello, question to Mac owners running REW.
I just purchased UMIK-1, new to this measuring world, so I used instructions on miniDSP site and the one on post #4574 .
My issue is that when I try to setup HDMI channels on dropdown menu of SOundflower I do not get that option at all but only Default output 1/airplay/off options...
I have tried different permutations of connecting the UMIK and HDMI cable ( that needs to go to Thunderbolt with Minidisplay to HDMI converter) to see if Sunflower will switch to HDMI but nope, when I tried the pink noise from REW it sent it to Mac's speakers. I am using Macbook Air 11-inch from 2011 with Yosemite 10.10.3.
Thanks!

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
Dayton , Dayton Audio , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page