Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs - Page 679 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1511Likes

post #20341 of 20343 Old Today, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 190
In order to investigate the issue further I have hooked up one of my front speakers pre-outs to Focusrites input to measure a frequency response of DAC.

One set of measurements was taken using Java drivers and other one using ASIO4ALL drivers.
Red measurement is Direct mode and green one is Stereo, no smoothing obviously. In both cases you can see audyssey XT32 doing its nifty job below 1kHz. But issues start above that.
ASIO4ALL fails to correctly report above 1Khz. I have no clue what a hell is going on up there, but it pretty much coincides with shape of my normally measured graph (huge dip between 2k and 7k and bump around 10k)
Java fails much later...and huge dip at 8.5Khz pretty much coincides with my old REW measurements when I was using Java (and thinking that my tweeters are dying).

Again, I don't think UMIK users will ever have this issue, but it would be helpful to know whats causing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asio.png
Views:	7
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1633961   Click image for larger version

Name:	java.png
Views:	7
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1633969  

Revel Ultima Salon 2, Revel M106, Revel C208, Yamaha P5000S, Denon X5200, Panasonic 65" VT50, SVS PC13-Ultra
Kef LS50, Parasound New Classic, Focusrite 2i2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20342 of 20343 Old Today, 10:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3020
No disrespect, Donktard, but IMO this question is best asked in the REW forum on Home Theater Shack. The focus here is on USB microphones.
post #20343 of 20343 Old Today, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 190
No problem, just pointing it out here for some rare folk who might have same issues.

Revel Ultima Salon 2, Revel M106, Revel C208, Yamaha P5000S, Denon X5200, Panasonic 65" VT50, SVS PC13-Ultra
Kef LS50, Parasound New Classic, Focusrite 2i2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
Dayton , Dayton Audio , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page