Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs - Page 737 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1867Likes

post #22081 of 22084 Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6878 Post(s)
Liked: 3821
OK, we seem to have confirmed a 60Hz electrical noise. Can you hear anything in the speakers? If no, I wouldn't worry about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22082 of 22084 Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
OK, we seem to have confirmed a 60Hz electrical noise. Can you hear anything in the speakers? If no, I wouldn't worry about it.
I hear hum if I put my head on rear speakers. Surround and Front speakers are fine. What's really driving me crazy is that REW is not showing the FR up to 20K. My previous laptop that I was able to do on broke and I lost everything. Bought a new one and after installing latest REW version (not Beta), when I take reading, it goes up to 14K and then drops. I know that I didn't have this issue before. I did make changes in room by taking out my previous room treatment and replaced them with 703 ownen. But I really don't think that they would cause this issue. In fact, I even have less treatment than before so for sure it shouldn't be the treatment. My speakers are capable of going up to 21K and have 106dB of sensitivity. So its not the speakers either. I think its something with the setting in REW? Any idea Jerry????
post #22083 of 22084 Old Today, 12:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3761 Post(s)
Liked: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Bought a new one and after installing latest REW version (not Beta), when I take reading, it goes up to 14K and then drops.
Does the upper cutoff vary between measurements? If yes then change REW > Preferences > Soundcard > Output Buffer

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole

post #22084 of 22084 Old Today, 06:39 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6878 Post(s)
Liked: 3821
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
I hear hum if I put my head on rear speakers. Surround and Front speakers are fine. What's really driving me crazy is that REW is not showing the FR up to 20K. My previous laptop that I was able to do on broke and I lost everything. Bought a new one and after installing latest REW version (not Beta), when I take reading, it goes up to 14K and then drops. I know that I didn't have this issue before. I did make changes in room by taking out my previous room treatment and replaced them with 703 ownen. But I really don't think that they would cause this issue. In fact, I even have less treatment than before so for sure it shouldn't be the treatment. My speakers are capable of going up to 21K and have 106dB of sensitivity. So its not the speakers either. I think its something with the setting in REW? Any idea Jerry????
I don't think it has anything to do with the specific issue you are seeing, but you should always install the REW software version shown here: http://www.roomeqwizard.com/beta.html.

There is no need to be reluctant just because it says beta. The fixes and enhancements since the last "official" version are significant.

And as for the HF roll-off, I have never seen that, so have no advice for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
Dayton , Dayton Audio , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew