New guy, adjusting speaker trims to compensate for partial hearing loss in right ear. - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat > New guy, adjusting speaker trims to compensate for partial hearing loss in right ear.

Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

siddall280's Avatar siddall280
10:38 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
01-09-2013 | Posts: 4
Hi, I am new to avs, but have followed the site for many months and has helped no end to understand the the more complex side of home cinema, ie cross overs frequency response and generally just getting the best possible sound from my system. My system comprises of a denon avr 1912, a slim ps3 to spin my blu ray discs and the kef htc 2005.3 speaker system, with a kube 2 subwoofer. My system is set up with the audyssey multeq xt mic and it has done a great job, my issue is that I perforated my right ear drum when I was young and I believe that I have lost around 30% of my hearing in my right ear. Audyssey has set my rear speaker trims to left -4dB and right -3.5dB but when I watch my films the left surround speaker seems to dominate the rear sound field as does the front left. Is it possible to raise the trims in the rear right and the front right to compensate for my hearing loss with out messing my audyssey settings up. Thanks in advance, and all the best.
JD in NJ's Avatar JD in NJ
10:51 AM Liked: 36
post #2 of 3
01-09-2013 | Posts: 645
You can freely adjust speaker trims on the AVR without any fear of screwing up Audyssey.
siddall280's Avatar siddall280
11:03 AM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
01-09-2013 | Posts: 4
Cheers for the reply pal.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Subscribe to this Thread