Products or solutions like Sonos Connect - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have read may other posts on similar topics but have not found anything specific to what I am looking for, I was hoping someone could shed some light.

What I am looking for.
Something that will stream music wirelessly from my computer over my network to my current stereo system, which I can control with my phone or tablet. And not via bluetooth.

I know the Sonos Connect can do this where by I can control what is playing on my main stereo through my phone or tablet and have the music be stored on my computer and stream it wirelessly. But again as others have mentioned it is expensive and appears to be the only product that does this unless I am mistaken.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
That is going to at least partially depend on your existing equipment. I can do something like this with my network-connected receiver without adding any additional hardware.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
My existing stereo is a Technics SA DA10 so it has no network capabilities that is why I was looking for an add on system like Sonos.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Well then, you'll need to add some kind of media streamer, whether it be Sonos, Western digital, Roku, etc. etc. Your decision will rest primarily on features and how technically adept you are with thing like setting up server software on your main computer. If you just want to play Pandora, and if you don't really care that much about using the tablet pretty much any box will do it, so buy a cheap Roku and enjoy. If you need to access an existing digital library on your PC it's going to be a bit more involved and to be honest I can't offer any suggestions as to the best way. I do most of my media streaming via my Blu Ray player, and don't worry about smartphone/tablet control.

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page