Apple TV/Samsung TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure this is the right forum so let me know if a better place to post. My issue is getting audio through the system when using Netflix through ATV. I have the ATV HDMI plugged into TV and from the TV I am using the optical audio cable to the SR 5007. I set the SR5007 to TV Audio but no sound through system. When watching regular cable TV everything is fine. Just no sound when using Apple TV. Thanks for any direction on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigmon View Post

Not sure this is the right forum so let me know if a better place to post. My issue is getting audio through the system when using Netflix through ATV. I have the ATV HDMI plugged into TV and from the TV I am using the optical audio cable to the SR 5007. I set the SR5007 to TV Audio but no sound through system. When watching regular cable TV everything is fine. Just no sound when using Apple TV. Thanks for any direction on this.

Most(All?) Samsung TVs won't pass audio through optical if using an HDMI input.

Plug the ATV into the receiver and use the HDMI output on the receiver to plug into the tv (you'll need another HDMI cable for this).
post #3 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for responding. The cable box HDMI plugs into the receiver in the cable/sat input. The HDMI out (only one) plugs into the TV. Not sure where to plug in the Apple TV HDMI. Other inputs are blu ray, DVD, etc....
post #4 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
You can use any input you want they are all more or less the same, the naming is just for convenience, in many receivers you can even rename them so the front/on screen display matches the device if you wish. I use the VCR/DVD input for the ATV on my receiver for example since I don't have a VCR/DVD.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page