I really like my new Lepai Tripath Class-T amp (http://amzn.to/W9fPmF) but it produces a high pitched whine that really ruins it. When I touch the outside box it somewhat decreases. This makes me think it needs to be grounded. It takes a 12V adapter. Is there one that will ground it? I know a little about electronics, how could I ground it myself?
I have an iPod Classic plugged in through the RCA port. As a side note, I have my speakers bi-wired, and my 12V adapter is coming from a really nice power strip which is plugged into an outlet with the ground lifted (I live in an old house). The power strip says that "my equipment is protected" because a little LED with that title is on, but the other led in the actual power switch is flickering. Power isn't flickering though.
Anything look wrong here?