Where to buy 4x8 rigid fiberglass? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As the title states.
I'm interested in creating a resonator panel in the corner of my room, however - I've only seen 2x4 rigid fiberglass. I know OC offers 4x8 on special order, but is that rather expensive? Besides, 703 doesn't have a great coefficient at low Hz, compared to roxul 80.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by icor1031 View Post

As the title states.
I'm interested in creating a resonator panel in the corner of my room, however - I've only seen 2x4 rigid fiberglass. I know OC offers 4x8 on special order, but is that rather expensive? Besides, 703 doesn't have a great coefficient at low Hz, compared to roxul 80.

Most people just build a framework that turns 4 2x4 panels into 1 4x8 panel, or bond the 2x4 panels together with beads of glue or strips of tape or whatever.

What is wrong with that?

I guess you could also do something like get a piece of plastic latticework like this:

http://www.doitbest.com/Lattice+panels-Ufpi+++Plstc+Lattice-model-79907-doitbest-sku-172928.dib

And use plastic ty-wraps to fasten the smaller batts into a larger unit.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by icor1031 View Post

As the title states.

Thanks.

RPG will do a 4'x8' either as a straight absorber or BAD panel (combination absorber / diffuser). If you need help there I'm an RPG dealer, please contact me PM or via the my website link below.

Acoustic Frontiers: design and creation of high performance listening rooms, home theaters and project studios for discerning audio/video enthusiasts.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat