best software for managing a multichannel setup from laptop to receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi,
i just bought myself a highend laptop which comes with xfi mb2 and thx trustudio pro ... i tried running optical from my laptop to pioneer receiver to 5.1 speaker setup... result was bad ,sounded terrible , very distorted and uneven ..
so i setup multichannel via 3 jack cables , set that up through realtek hd audio manager...set the receiver to multichannel hopeing i would be able to control each channel as i wished.. result was bad...90% of the sound goes through the centre channel and the rest sounds distorted with little volume...there is a function that allows you to control output on each channel ..it was useless.. did almost nothing
there also is the thx surround control where u can also control where u want to distribute your sound.. also useless . no matter what i tried ,the sound came out distorted and unevenly distributed...
the source was lossless music tracks which i know are stereo..but the thing is ,im not looking for surround .. i want to have equal sound and volume sent to each channel.. anyway , i pretty much gave up on xfi mb2 and thx trustudio pro after a number of peeps told me its crappy software get rid of it...

so id like to ask whats a good software download that i can use to manage a multichannel setup where i can control each channels volume with quality and no distortion..somethin that does what trustudio pro is meant to do in other words lol

im not an expert so i appologise if i didnt explain myself very well.

my setup is -
clevo laptop with either optical , mulitchannel jacks, or hdmi ..
a pioneer vsx - 1018AH receiver
richter centre ,richter front speakers, mordaunt short rear speakers

basically im asking for advice on whats the best software to use for this or is there a way to acheive multichannel setup via this crappy thx trustudio pro software..maybe i missed some setting or something?
ill just add also that i use to have an auzentech prelude sound card connected to the same setup .. and it sounded great via multichannel.. i had full control of each channels volume and the sound was perfect.. im trying to achieve the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by adya11 View Post

hi,
i just bought myself a highend laptop which comes with xfi mb2 and thx trustudio pro ... i tried running optical from my laptop to pioneer receiver to 5.1 speaker setup... result was bad ,sounded terrible , very distorted and uneven ..
so i setup multichannel via 3 jack cables , set that up through realtek hd audio manager...set the receiver to multichannel hopeing i would be able to control each channel as i wished.. result was bad...90% of the sound goes through the centre channel and the rest sounds distorted with little volume...there is a function that allows you to control output on each channel ..it was useless.. did almost nothing
there also is the thx surround control where u can also control where u want to distribute your sound.. also useless . no matter what i tried ,the sound came out distorted and unevenly distributed...
the source was lossless music tracks which i know are stereo..but the thing is ,im not looking for surround .. i want to have equal sound and volume sent to each channel.. anyway , i pretty much gave up on xfi mb2 and thx trustudio pro after a number of peeps told me its crappy software get rid of it...

so id like to ask whats a good software download that i can use to manage a multichannel setup where i can control each channels volume with quality and no distortion..somethin that does what trustudio pro is meant to do in other words lol

im not an expert so i appologise if i didnt explain myself very well.

If the sound is distorted and uneven, both via analog and digital link, then there is probably a hardware problem with your new computer. I wonder what it sounds like over its own speakers or with some good headphones plugged into its headphone jack?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi ,
thanks for the reply.. yes i tested this with some altec speakers.. sounds great and headphones sound perfect as well... i uninstalled xfi and thx trustudio software and i guess the realtek hd audio manages the audio now.. it sounds alot better but not perfect and i have no way of controlling channels like i want to.. even if i run pcm via hdmi into the receiver... theres no way of controlling channels on the receiver , not easily anyway... what i want is some audio software that does what soundblaster use to do ...something with a good equalizer as well would be good... theres alot of plugins for winamp etc but they all seem to be buggy or not what i want. any suggestions?
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page