help on 5.1 processor or suggestions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
first off hi all ive just joined this forums as you all sound like a helpful bunch

this is my problem i have to do a film night at a bar and the owner wants 5.1 sound i have plenty of amps and speakers as i have a sound system i hire out.

at home i have a jvc 5.1 decoder/amp but it is no way powerful to run it on a large scale and has no pre outs what kind of sound quality would i get if i ran hi level to low level converters or would something like this be a better option

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Dolby-DTS-AC3-Optical-to-Analog-5-1-Stereo-Surround-Audio-Sound-Decoder-/251027680843?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a726a6e4b

thanks jordan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
This is exactly the kind of device you'd want to convert an optical or digital coax signal into analog 5.1. High level-to-low level connections are a recipe for reliability problems. The only concern is if this unit's output voltage is sufficiently high for your hire-out amp. Pro amps tend to have higher input sensitivities than consumer gear. And you need the SPDI/F source...

HAve fun,
Frank
ucc-sounds likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbov View Post

This is exactly the kind of device you'd want to convert an optical or digital coax signal into analog 5.1. High level-to-low level connections are a recipe for reliability problems. The only concern is if this unit's output voltage is sufficiently high for your hire-out amp. Pro amps tend to have higher input sensitivities than consumer gear. And you need the SPDI/F source...

HAve fun,
Frank

thanks for the reply i did think i would run in to problems with the hi to low converters i think ill go for for the box the input im useing will be optical from a ps3 or other blu ray player thank for the help:)
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page