Send it 1s and 2s instead of 1s and 0s.
More seriously, the four big enemies are water, heat, chemicals, and physical impact. The fifth is stupidity.
1. Don't get it wet or keep it in an overly humid environment.
2. Don't overheat it by placing it near or on a source of excessive heat or cut off its access to air circulation.
3. Don't keep it near or expose it to corrosive chemicals and solvents.
4. Don't drop it, hit it, drop something on it, or set a heavy weight on it.
5. Dont take it apart, don't stick things through the air holes, don't drop candle wax in it, don't spray it with cleaners, don't dump sand in it, don't put peanut butter on it, don't twirl it by its power cord, IOW, don't be stupid.
Yes, it's also possible to fry it electrically, but most scenarios involving electricity would also fall into the don't be stupid category, and it really doesn't happen too often.
What I can afford, when I can afford it...