Help with Phase I of Whole House Audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am starting to finish my basement where I will have 3 bedrooms, a Game/TV room and Theater Room (Game and Theater Room will be adjoining rooms in an open layout). I am still in the process of finalizing all of my Game Room/ Theater Room specifics but I am ready to move quickly on the bedrooms as the first phase of setting up whole-house audio.

Where I would like help at this time is figuring out my speaker needs for these 3 basement rooms since I am planning on being ready to drywall the rooms within the month.

What speaker sizes are appropriate? What locations within the bedrooms would be recommended for in-ceiling speakers in each room for general listening? Is there a specific distance the speakers should be away from each other in a room? Anything else I am missing as I get started on this?

The room sizes are basically -
Guest Room: 13'-6" x 10'-2"
Bed 1: 9'-2" x 10'-11"
Bed 2: 10'-8" x 11'-0"

My Home Theater and Game Room Build -- IN PROGRESS
THE SPUD CELLAR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

After I posted my question above, I remembered that I have already purchased several sets of in-ceiling speakers a few years ago (thinking I would get to the basement long ago).
So I guess part of the question now is are pairs of 8" in-ceiling speakers "too much" for the size of bedrooms I have? Or should I go smaller in the rooms and use these upstairs in an open-layout kitchen, dining and formal family area?

THE SPUD CELLAR
post #3 of 3 Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

I realized the floorplan posted may be somewhat confusing. Those are recessed can light fixtures throughout, not intended speakers or their placements. However, with regard to the rooms, the lights are in the basic locations as shown --- So where would one place speakers in those rooms and with the lights where they are?

THE SPUD CELLAR
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page