Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 02-19-2013, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

The Mic should be where your ears normally would be. That would measure then (part of) what you may be hearing. In general we are not interested in the quality of the sound where people don't sit.

Yeah like a small cover, anyhow it sounds like I have some decent home work to do with measuring and some configurations and whatnot. One other question do people generally think the Audessy or Audessy Flat is the way to go, I am not sold either way but if they operate like they should as far as corrections what do people think because I just want to do 2 sets of measurements next time, Audessy Off and Audessy Flat/On?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Personally, I prefer Audyssey. Audyssey Flat doesn't sound as good to me without the EQ on the FL/R speakers.

AVR: DENON 2113ci
FL/R: Klipschorn
CC: Klipsch RC64ii
SUR: Polk LS F/X x 4
SUB: PSA XS15 x 4 + MiniDSP 2x4
DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740
post #63 of 63 Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hello,

I built some DIY bass traps and put them in last night. They measure 4'x2' and 6" deep, using Safe n Sound sound deadening material (It was praised on several forums with measurements similar to rockwool)

I installed 2 traps laying down under the screen backs directly against the front wall, pushed out to the sides against the corners. A third trap is in a rear corner at a 45* angle. I have a fourth to install but ran out of material.

Now, I didn't have any issues with the sound before, I just built these traps for fun, hoping maybe I'd hear a difference. The theater room is an open back which goes to the bar room. In the bar room it seems that the bass was reduced a lot, however in the theater room it seems about the same.

Now as far as measurements go, it seems like the traps introduced some nulls and didn't really take care of any peaks. TO MY UNTRAINED EYE, the traps made the response worse.

I have uploaded before and after measurements for left and right channels.

This is a 5.0 setup, no subwoofer yet. Audyssey XT 32 is turned off. Smoothing is at 1/24

No traps

With Traps

Mdat:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Rhnfc1bgENVlJzazRIU0IyUTA/edit?usp=sharing

Any tips, pointers or general opinions of my measurements would be appreciated. Also, does my decay time seem good ? The traps did seem to decrease decay. I have 4 2x2 wall panels to go up at the early reflection points, perhaps that will improve my upper response.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

Tags
Room Equilizer Wizard Rew

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page