Possible dead sub ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi all,
i am having some issues here with my JBL ES250p it's only a year old, and i got it back in 2012.
What i am having is this sub isn't putting out "loud bass" when i am either playing music or movie from blu ray. Every thing comes on and makes sound when i play a test tone from my built in receiver pioneer vsx 1121-k. I haven't touch any settings since i calibrated with auto mcacc and i have sub set to -0 . 5 db on the output and gain close to 10 o clock position. Is it possible my amp died in the sub? or some thing else can be wrong with it? .

any one here with a jbl es250p?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Your description is confusing....is it only "loud bass" that's missing or all bass from the sub....i.e.are you getting sound from the sub or not? If you are, the amp is working (assuming you're using the sub pre-out connection from the avr to the sub). You can always try resetting your avr and sub (unplugging them both for a while) and setup levels and MCACC again to see what the result is (assuming you're getting some sub output now, or heck just try that to see what happens even if you're not).

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page