Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased Martin Logan Motion 4's as my fronts, 2's as my surround and 6 as my center. Also have a powered Martin Logan 500 subwoofer. I have a Yamaha receiver that is a few years old, but puts out 90watts per channel and can be put at 6phms to match the speakers. I like the sound, but feel I'm not getting everything out of the system. The components are run through HDMI cable and the speakers through good to decent wire. I guess my question is what can I do to improve the overall performance? I just don't feel I'm getting the overall "big" sound I want. Still seems small not wrapping the listner in music.

Also, my cd player just took a dump. I'm using a Blue Ray player knkow to play my cd's. Is this a mistake? Does a good Cd player really make much of a difference?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutl View Post

I just purchased Martin Logan Motion 4's as my fronts, 2's as my surround and 6 as my center. Also have a powered Martin Logan 500 subwoofer. I have a Yamaha receiver that is a few years old, but puts out 90watts per channel and can be put at 6phms to match the speakers. I like the sound, but feel I'm not getting everything out of the system. The components are run through HDMI cable and the speakers through good to decent wire. I guess my question is what can I do to improve the overall performance? I just don't feel I'm getting the overall "big" sound I want. Still seems small not wrapping the listner in music.

Also, my cd player just took a dump. I'm using a Blue Ray player knkow to play my cd's. Is this a mistake? Does a good Cd player really make much of a difference?

Thanks for any suggestions.

First question: did you run YPAO on the Yamaha?

Second question: How are your speakers set up in your room? Instead of answering you may post a couple of photos of your setup. Pictures are sometimes worth more than a 1,000 words, eh? smile.gif

Cheers, Feri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I post some photos. Yes I ran the YPAO. I just moved into the new place. My front speakers are sitting on the component stand, but will be placed on speaker stands. The center is mounted on the wall just under the mounted tv. The sub is off to the right of the component stand. The surrounds will be mounted behind the sofa approximately six feet apart. This brings up another question. Do I mount the on the wall just above ear level or as I had them before on the ceiling.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page