Audioquest Solid Core Conductor vs Generic Sprawled Wiring for HDMI - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Man, that fridge is gonna sound awesome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD in NJ View Post

Omg...you guys are so hilarious!.. That fridge can effect your sound,just like the Florescence lights in the kitchen..etc..your washer/dryer..that's what good power cords do..they keep your power from getting contaminated
By household appliances.. By the way don't get their sub-zero..the bass really sucks from that..lmfao...I just assumed that you all knew this stuff already..I guess I'm in the wrong thread!
post #33 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD in NJ View Post

Omg...you guys are so hilarious!.. That fridge can effect your sound,just like the Florescence lights in the kitchen..etc..your washer/dryer..that's what good power cords do..they keep your power from getting contaminated
By household appliances.. By the way don't get their sub-zero..the bass really sucks from that..lmfao...I just assumed that you all knew this stuff already..I guess I'm in the wrong thread!
post #34 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 246
Don't tell me...let me guess....these high end power cords are just like Brita water filters, right esh? wink.gif

For every new thing I learn, I forget two things I used to know.
post #35 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaveav View Post

Don't tell me...let me guess....these high end power cords are just like Brita water filters, right esh? wink.gif
Omg beav..you again?.. C'mon man..let's just enjoy our setups and the music, its the weekend fer crying out loud!.. I'm not here bashing your systems or beliefs.. Am I?
post #36 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
I'm not here bashing your systems or beliefs.. Am I?

In a way, by making absolutely false statements and then calling them facts, you belittle anyone who has bothered to educate themselves on the basics of electricity. You've been corrected many times, but you just lash out at them. It's rather sad.
post #37 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM64 View Post

In a way, by making absolutely false statements and then calling them facts, you belittle anyone who has bothered to educate themselves on the basics of electricity. You've been corrected many times, but you just lash out at them. It's rather sad.
I have not lashed out at anyone,just the opposite, you guys act like I just bought crystal cables 28.000$ speaker cables!
Just have a great weekend
post #38 of 50 Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

...Florescence lights...
Is that a brand? If so, I will be sure to avoid them. Did you mean you have lamps that flower? I will be sure to avoid those, too. Or did you mean fluorescent? I have fluorescent lamps all over my house and don't seem to have any problems.
post #39 of 50 Old 03-23-2013, 02:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Obviously Colm its because your ears aren't good enough. Or your equipment. Or both.

post #40 of 50 Old 03-23-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
you guys act like I just bought crystal cables 28.000$ speaker cables!

$28 isn't a lot of money...maybe it is to you though.
post #41 of 50 Old 03-23-2013, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigus View Post

Obviously Colm its because your ears aren't good enough.
Ya gotta speak up boy! I cain't hear ya!
post #42 of 50 Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:

...whatever..you know what I meant!
So..my dang tablet forgot the (,)
That would not have happened if I had it hooked up with a Synergistic SR element power cord!!
post #43 of 50 Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM

Liked: 10
What really blows my mind is the guy that pays $200 for an HDMI cable and busts my butt for buying a nicer dishwasher because it's quiet.

Believe me, thats a faaaar better value in enjoyment when I don't hear wuuuush wuuuuush when I watch south park.
post #44 of 50 Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 1046
Quote:

. I'm not here bashing your systems or beliefs.. Am I?

Of course you are.

One belief that I have is that competently-designed audio gear doesn't need highly purified AC to work well.

This belief is founded in my EE training, 40+ years of experience designing/building/testing, etc.
post #45 of 50 Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

I have not lashed out at anyone,just the opposite, you guys act like I just bought crystal cables 28.000$ speaker cables!

No, they are acting like a group of skeptical people (as they should) because you haven't come by your opinion honestly. Until you have someone come in and do some cable swapping with the aid of a coin and have you evaluate each flip of the coin....

I have money that says you would fail at this.

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

post #46 of 50 Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:

Quote:

When did you buy 'crystal cables 28.000$ speaker cables'? Nah. Just kidding. What I really want to know is what did you do with all those other expensive cables that didn't pass your strict standards? Surely you didn't foist them off on some unsuspecting non-audiophile? If you did the decent thing and either kept them or better still destroyed them then after trying a dozen $100 cables followed by your 'Sweet Spot' Audioquest $1000 cable you actually spent $2200 on snake oil. In my mind that's a lot of well lubricated snakes...
post #47 of 50 Old 03-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

When did you buy 'crystal cables 28.000$ speaker cables'? Nah. Just kidding. What I really want to know is what did you do with all those other expensive cables that didn't pass your strict standards? Surely you didn't foist them off on some unsuspecting non-audiophile? If you did the decent thing and either kept them or better still destroyed them then after trying a dozen $100 cables followed by your 'Sweet Spot' Audioquest $1000 cable you actually spent $2200 on snake oil. In my mind that's a lot of well lubricated snakes...
I make sure what I buy has a trial period,or my dealer just loans me what I want to test for comparison.
There is a fine line between snake-oil and actually hearing/seeing a difference..there has been plenty of expensive gear/cords etc.. That I could not see buying because there was no difference.. Then there's been some where there was a very nice upgrade..anyway I guess this is not the place to talk about cables..I thought these threads were for audiophiles..not some guy in a white coat/glasses pointing a pen at me telling me its not possible, my ears/eyes are wrong!
There are a lot of people out there that believe in these upgrades,they I.M me all the time telling me they also use these cables and they know they make a difference in there systems..they just do not reply to these posts because the vultures swoop down and ridicule you for your belief's.. Well it is what it is,and what it is,is very ,very good!
post #48 of 50 Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...some guy in a white coat/glasses pointing a pen at me telling me its not possible, my ears/eyes are wrong!
Nobody has said there is anything wrong with your ears or eyes, just your interpretation of your experience and lack of understanding of the subject.

Now that you mention it, do you have a lot of experience with guys in white coats telling you that what you experienced is not real?
post #49 of 50 Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
There are a lot of people out there that believe in these upgrades,

There are a lot of people who believe in magnetic bracelets too, but that doesn't mean they do anything.

Doesn't it bother you to know that the material you see or hear though your overpriced cables was created using very inexpensive cables, containing nothing but copper and various inexpensive polymers?
3rdman86 likes this.
post #50 of 50 Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM

Liked: 60
Quote:
I thought these threads were for audiophiles.

Does that mean your claims are so tenuous that no critique can be permitted? That your believe has to be pampered by a community of like minded? Maybe you check in at some other site were everything that is believed to make a difference also does - no evidence of course, but nobody on the agony site gives a damn about evidence anyway.

Audiophile does not necessarily mean to approach any unsupported claims without some skepticism and asking for supporting tests - although the development of "audiophile" from. "HiFi enthusiast" unfortunately has meant that in many cases evidence through proper blinded testing was replaced with belief, unsupported claims and claims not even sensible within the framework of the physics and neurology involved
That's why the term audiophool was created.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page